JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's the officially completed deer decoration I made.
IMG_8188 copy.jpg

As I said, I'm giving it to my mom for Christmas. I have an interesting sense of humor, so I made a custom tag for the present that looks just like it. :LOL: I plan on asking her if she likes the tag I made and see what she says. It'll be pretty funny regardless of her answer.

IMG_8189 copy.jpg

Other than that, I finished wrapping most of the Christmas presents today. I decided to make one more homemade one that I'm still in the process of finishing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Listening to the pine cones on the kitchen table crackle and pop open and toss their seeds out. We thought it was rats trying to chew their way in through the floor vents till it happened right when my hubby was eating dinner at the table! Silly pine cones!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today it wasn't cold so I was able to spend some time outside by the ponds. I checked the water levels, made sure the skimmers were clean, and then I just stood there admiring my fish which seemed to be doing just fine, swimming around slowly at the bottom
I'm so grateful and happy to have had the chance to interact with the ponds in the middle of the cold whether
runningsidetoside.gif

@addy1 The renovation looks very nice, great job!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
These are the last projects I'm planning on doing for awhile.

The first is a homemade picture frame, which is a lot more challenging than I expected. The frame was easy, but creating a way to hold the photo as well as be able to change photos was difficult.
IMG_8190 copy.jpg

and this is a wooden sled I've been working on. I plan to paint something on it, I just haven't figured out what yet. Originally I was going to do the Green Bay Packers logo, but I'm thinking about figuring out a way to paint a winter scene on it. I'm undecided for now.
IMG_8191 copy.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, do you and your husband haul all those cabinets and boxes of tile, sheets of drywall by yourself?
I'm assuming the appliances are delivered.

Here is how the cabinets came, we went down and picked them up. Then I put them together, follow instructions better than dear hubby does. Not to difficult. To hang I removed all the doors. Makes the lighter to handle.
20181117_064544.jpg
20181117_064531(1).jpg

We haul the tile, dry wall, wood etc by ourselves. Depends on what car we have how easy it is to haul things back to the house. One year we had one of his corvettes, convertible, down there, we had it loaded with flooring, even had pictures taken when we stopped for gas.
My prius can haul one heck of a lot of stuff.

Appliances are delivered, catch the right sale and they deliver free, we pay to have granite installed, all except the small Baltimore basement kitchen. That was one heavy piece to haul down the stairs and it was only 6ish feet. Ended up sliding it down the stairs.

Bath cabinets we haul home. To install I take the doors off, drawers out, top off if removable, to make it lighter to mess with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's some amount of work @addy1, you definitely deserve Christmas day off with a hot cooked dinner. Last week I was at my youngest school and the teacher asked if I would mind doing a nature project for the class that the kids could benefit from. The classroom has no windows and in my opinion looks pretty dismal, but the best part is a water feature is allowed, it just can't be massive. So I do have a grow light that I used for seedlings that I can use, but if anyone has any ideas they would like to share I'm all ears. The age group of the children is eight, and the idea is to make the classroom more attractive using nature and not mass produced products, and also educate and hopefully inspire a love of nature that the kids will keep in the future. I really do hope some of you who read this will have ideas and share, as I feel this is an important opportunity to teach a tiny portion of our future generation the value of nature. Thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are couch sitting! Watching movies then foot ball NOTHING on our schedule!

Ask a Question