Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I am just enjoying the calm AFTER the storm! I do love the holidays, but these days between Christmas and New Years Eve are so peaceful, with no where to go, nothing that has to get done. Just quiet and calm and relaxing. We keep Christmas decorations up until Three Kings Day so it's nice to not feel pressured to put everything away. Some of our neighbors have their tree on the curb before night fall on Christmas Day - seems kind of sad to be that eager to have it over with. Of course, they're the same ones putting the tree up right after Halloween, so I guess I would be sick of it, too!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Saw this pretty one hanging out by the bee hives. Must not know it is winter.
20181229_125522.jpg
20181229_125447.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nails and pedicure done today
I have not done nails for many many years, like lots. Tried but the pretty nails never last more than a day or so. So naked nails and toes. poor things, ignored.

doing more bee prep and de-cluttering house. Bags of stuff heading for trash, recycle, give away

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I too love the Holidays and the decorations, but I start so early that by Christmas Day I can't wait to get back to normality.
I work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so I've already took down all the decor. I'm ready for the next stop: Spring!
smbutterfly.gif

@addy1 Wow! Is that a Moth or a butterfly? Could it be a sign that Spring come earlier? Were you able to winterize the Canna?
@bettasngoldfish I'd love to have pretty nails, but my first experience getting a manicure was a nightmare! I went home bleeding and sore and never went back
Why is it that people who work on your body (hair, nails...) think they have the right to ask you very personal questions?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow! Is that a Moth or a butterfly? Could it be a sign that Spring come earlier? Were you able to winterize the Canna?
I am not sure what it was. No clue where it is finding food.

Yep winterized the Canna. In the basement waiting for spring, hope it comes back. The parrots feather is still growing great. Even with the bit of freezing we have had. It has green tips sticking out of the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'd love to have pretty nails, but my first experience getting a manicure was a nightmare! I went home bleeding and sore and never went back
Why is it that people who work on your body (hair, nails...) think they have the right to ask you very personal questions?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting a pedicure - just went with my girls the other day. I have had a few bad experiences, but once you find a place you love, you will treasure them. I am not a "girly-girl" but I am so hard on my feet that it is almost a necessity for me to go get them pampered every now and then. I've learned to speak up when I don't like something they are doing - it should never hurt.

The salon I go to on a regular basis has a special room for pedicures (so you aren't breathing the fumes from the manicures) with low lights, fireplaces on the wall and a trickling wall of water. The best part is the beautiful signs posted that say "SILENCE". So there's no random chit chat between customers or the techs and no one is babbling on their cell phone with all their friends the whole time they are sitting in the chair. And I've seen them remove clients who don't abide by the request to be quiet, so they take it very seriously! My mom took me to the place she goes and the girls basically screamed at each other in Vietnamese the whole time - not terribly relaxing. At my salon, they turn on the massage chair and I just sit back and relax and enjoy the experience. And a good salon will include a nice foot and leg massage with a standard pedicure, which is wonderful for aching feet!

My girls love to go with me in the midst of gardening season and see the look on the nail tech's face when she sees my "summer time feet". I always have to tell them "these are working feet ladies!". Not only do I spend a lot of time barefoot in the summer, but I do a lot outdoors wearing my garden clogs which don't keep the dirt off my feet. My feet get good and dirty. I of course wash them at home, but there's nothing like a good scrub at the nail salon to get them looking presentable again.

This is a very long way of saying TRY AGAIN GEMMA!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yep winterized the Canna. In the basement waiting for spring, hope it comes back. The parrots feather is still growing great. Even with the bit of freezing we have had. It has green tips sticking out of the water.

I hope your Canna makes it! It is very rewarding (at least for me) to winterize and replant over and over the same plants...I find it bonding.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting a pedicure - just went with my girls the other day. I have had a few bad experiences, but once you find a place you love, you will treasure them. I am not a "girly-girl" but I am so hard on my feet that it is almost a necessity for me to go get them pampered every now and then. I've learned to speak up when I don't like something they are doing - it should never hurt.

The salon I go to on a regular basis has a special room for pedicures (so you aren't breathing the fumes from the manicures) with low lights, fireplaces on the wall and a trickling wall of water. The best part is the beautiful signs posted that say "SILENCE". So there's no random chit chat between customers or the techs and no one is babbling on their cell phone with all their friends the whole time they are sitting in the chair. And I've seen them remove clients who don't abide by the request to be quiet, so they take it very seriously! My mom took me to the place she goes and the girls basically screamed at each other in Vietnamese the whole time - not terribly relaxing. At my salon, they turn on the massage chair and I just sit back and relax and enjoy the experience. And a good salon will include a nice foot and leg massage with a standard pedicure, which is wonderful for aching feet!

My girls love to go with me in the midst of gardening season and see the look on the nail tech's face when she sees my "summer time feet". I always have to tell them "these are working feet ladies!". Not only do I spend a lot of time barefoot in the summer, but I do a lot outdoors wearing my garden clogs which don't keep the dirt off my feet. My feet get good and dirty. I of course wash them at home, but there's nothing like a good scrub at the nail salon to get them looking presentable again.

This is a very long way of saying TRY AGAIN GEMMA!
Thanks for writing in such details, you have convinced me to give it another try...but nails, not feet! No one can touch my feet, I'm too ticklish!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hope your Canna makes it! It is very rewarding (at least for me) to winterize and replant over and over the same plants...I find it bonding.
I like getting them to come back, but ................a lot of times I forget to pull the plant, or pull and then they don't live.
We will see as they say.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have not done nails for many many years, like lots. Tried but the pretty nails never last more than a day or so. So naked nails and toes. poor things, ignored.

doing more bee prep and de-cluttering house. Bags of stuff heading for trash, recycle, give away

When I say getting nails done I mean acrylic nails. They last a lot longer than having natural nails painted (2-3 weeks) and pedicures are awesome. So nice to sit in the massage chair and read a good book while they work on your feet ( the foot and leg massage is nice too)

Sometimes it's a pain to keep up. If I didn't work in an office I would most likely stop with the acrylics (without them my hands are not so nice) The pedicures are a must though :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for writing in such details, you have convinced me to give it another try...but nails, not feet! No one can touch my feet, I'm too ticklish!

For the longest time I wouldn't get a pedicure because my feet are ticklish. I finally gave it a try and I love it. It does tickle sometimes but not too bad.

And I have also had a bad experience when getting my nails done. I found a good place though and have not had any issues.

Ask a Question