addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Loss our power last night, the entire neighborhood, went out around 8pm, finally came back on around 230am. We are now running on a huge extension cord, running across the road near our driveway. Something must have really shorted out!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bummer @addy1 Hope you get it all fixed!

Yesterday I put another smaller pump attached to another prefilter that I had to see if the green water will disappear quicker. This morning it does look better.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are still being fed via a extension cord..................dear hubby laughs it is really a huge power feed covered up signs warning you a covering over the cord on the road.

But we have power.

Long day yesterday very busy farmers market, then off to a farm for a friends customer appreciation day, then finally home. exhausted.

Yesterday am on the way to the farmers market, we hit a poor deer. But I think the deer did fine, it bounded it off. On our car cam you can see it start across the road, then its hind feet slid out from under it, hubby swerved right, missed most of the deer, we hit , most likely, its butt. Did not run over the deer. But cracked my brand new front bumper, tore off the under carriage stuff, car can be driven.

Felt horrible, we stopped to pick up the car pieces, the deer was long gone. We were doing 60, brakes slammed on, hard swerve to the right, early am. I have never hit a deer or been in a car that has hit a deer. breaks your heart.

If you want to see, put the YouTube in slow mo. (settings)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Oh no that was so sad. Was a loud thud and sure hope the deer made it. Sorry it happened to you guys too :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's always scary. We've had near misses lots of times, but only hit one once - like yours, it got up and carried on with it's business. Once I had one run across the highway about 20 feet ahead of me and thought "gee, I'm glad I wasn't closer!" Before I could even finish the thought, two more jumped over the hood of my car, a fourth one over the ROOF of the car and a fifth one crossed behind me. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to think. A friend of ours had one hit the passenger side of her car, come through the side window and nearly pummel her to death before she could pull over. It's never good when you have a close encounter with an animal that size!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It looks far away on the cam, but that is a very wide angle view. That deer was boom right there! We now have pieces of my car laying in the driveway, doubt we can fix with them, will need to buy some new pieces. The bumper keeps the crack, we just spent around 600 on a new one..................now well used.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I’ve got a fellow ponder getting started in my area. One of my regular customers is building a pond in his yard, I’ll be giving him some Waterlilly tomorrow and might give him some fish too. I told him about this forum, not sure if he will be on or not, but am hoping he joins our online community.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had to go out and get a new dishwasher! Ours works fine, only 5-6 years old. NEVER put a container that has held mothballs in a dishwasher! Handwashed the jar and loaded it into dishwasher in the evening. Next morning when I went to run the machine, the smell knocked me over. 4 gallons vinegar, 2 gallons bleach, 10lbs baking soda and 3 lbs activated charcoal- still reeks! Called manufacturers, only other option, replace machine! I'm sick over it but thankfully hubby is being understanding.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It’s looking bad here. Bob cat fever is hitting Oklahoma, an I’ve reason to believe it’s killed two of my cats, may have infected a third, I’ll know soon, and my special kitty snuck out to go Tom around. Bob cat fever is a protozoan infection, carried by ticks, low survivability rate, expensive treatment, I can’t afford to get them tested much less treated. So I’m going to keep the little kittens in, treat adults with a good tick prevention , and try to keep my special kitty in.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@mrsclem never heard of that happening. We don't use moth balls, can't stand the smell of them.

@JamieB good luck with your kitties.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was mowing yesterday, had to slam on the breaks for a snake crossing. This king snake was around 6 feet, a bit smaller than the other one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It seems to be protozoan infections are kicking us hard. Ick, now maybe bob cat fever, I’ll try to get cats to the vet Friday for testing.

Ask a Question