sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had whirlpool front loaders since 2004 and my sister had Samsung and after 6 repairs in 4 months they took them back and company gave them money back and they bought whirlpool also

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spread the word, our world is in trouble, not only honey bees but all pollinators

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have done nothing but put out seeds, bug friendly, bee friendly, bird friendly, critter friendly and let weeds grow also.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hire a handy man it is not worth the fall as we get older. i use to climb around like a monkey on job sites. walking steep roofs and building scaffolds standing and sitting a top of ladders. the old balance and quick reactions are gone. not to mention don't heal as fast. i say this as i would never hire someone to strip some wall paper on a two story stair case, but it's due to been there done that i just take safety and precautions into place where they were hardly a thought back then.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Saw this fellow on a car ride the other day.

IMG_20191203_120739065_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I have contacted someone about helping take down the wall paper in the stair well......it would be much safer. I can remove areas that are reachable......but might let this person do it all:)

64 and sunny today. Peaked under the solar cover and can't believe the parrots feather is still alive! We've had a mild winter, but we've also had stretches of single degree temps at night....all the parrots feather died back in the bog. I added some fresh water to the pond, letting it over flow a bit, since it doesn't get any rain water with the cover on it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have contacted someone about helping take down the wall paper in the stair well......it would be much safer. I can remove areas that are reachable......but might let this person do it all:)

64 and sunny today. Peaked under the solar cover and can't believe the parrots feather is still alive! We've had a mild winter, but we've also had stretches of single degree temps at night....all the parrots feather
everyone who can't winter parrots feather loves the stuff anyone who has it come back year after year dreads ever putting g it in the pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
everyone who can't winter parrots feather loves the stuff anyone who has it come back year after year dreads ever putting g it in the pond
Ha ha! Well, I'm sort of a middle ground. I have a lot of Red Stemmed that I do really like. It overwinters & comes back with a vengeance - but I will admit that it requires a heavy hand on a regular basis during the summer to keep it in line.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
all the parrots feather died back in the bog. I added some fresh water to the pond, letting it over flow a bit, since it doesn't get any rain water with the cover on it.
Mine always looks dead in the spring and it all comes back. I have some still growing the winter has been warmish

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the honey bee farm down on highway 58 is doing great he just added 50 more hives to his already 100 of them .I just bought honey from him the other day .His wife makes the best honey bread I have ever tasted .All her baking is done with honey ,no sugar .I get my eggs from them also

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat @sissy, local honey is so darn good for you in fighting allergies and it tastes good also! We are cutting back on our hives, 27 was too many for the two of us. We still have around 1500 lbs of honey from last year. Record breaking nectar flow!

I am a bit worried about them, warm winter, I fed them double what we normally feed, but they might be really low on food. I would ask my nephew to check on them, but he prefers to stay away.

We head north next week, sold one condo, second one in contract, time to head north!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
New washer due in after 10th so a couple more trips to laundromat.
Finally ordered my 300 gallon stock tank. They delivered it this morning. This will be great when I do my koi adoption this spring. 100 gallon tanks required daily water changes.

Ask a Question