addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are heading to Annapolis, bought a boat. Hubby wanted a water place, I did not want another condo, house, trailer, so we compromised. We bought a nice big boat, on the water condo. Old but in good shape. He gets his water place, only a hour plus a bit drive, no lawn to mow, no condo fees, no annual taxes, we will have a dock fee. Which is a lot cheaper than taxes here

We are getting a survey done, which is like a house inspection, checking for soft spots, bad motors, etc etc. The current owner is a computer geek, his job, and has upgraded all the electric stuff, the lights, the fridge, just redid the bottom for quite a bit of money. His wife is making him sale it, she is not happy with the time he spends on it. It is also coast guard approved, he was doing charter trips. Using the funds from the sale of a rental in Florida.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice looking boat w/all the conveniences of a home! I know how much you love the water and bet you will get tons of use out of it w/it being so close to home. Just drive up, get in and go. Missy needs a captains chair now :smuggrin:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today going over to till a friends farm, just a home owner plot but they grow a ton of veggies. The owners are out of country and the sister can't run the tractor. Waiting for a tiny bit of a warm up before going over.

The hot tub pond and big pond went crystal over night!
SmartSelect_20200312-084832.jpg
SmartSelect_20200312-084347.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Guess ya ran out of stuff to do at your place,lol! Nice of you to help your friends :)
Wow, yes that water is so clear!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 Guess ya ran out of stuff to do at your place,lol! Nice of you to help your friends :)
Wow, yes that water is so clear!
I wish! Tilled up her garden area beautiful black dirt, then moved 10 buckets of compost for her to her new tilled garden.

I just put off what I needed to do. Got a few things done we popped up to 62f.

Saying everybody is to stay 6 feet from anybody. They just shut down all schools from 3-16 to 3-27, senior centers shut, etc etc, no visitors to prisons, hospitals, etc. Anybody over 60 is being told to stay home or away from others. All events must stay below 250 in number or cancel. This is here in MD Also put national guard on high alert.

We have enough food to stay home for at least 2 months. Trying not to be paranoid but we are in the you could die age.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Staying home here as much as possible. Have P.T and doc visits tho. Never seen anything like this before. The Dow is down major! I stay calm and not real worried about it unless we get it.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We are heading to Annapolis, bought a boat. Hubby wanted a water place, I did not want another condo, house, trailer, so we compromised. We bought a nice big boat, on the water condo. Old but in good shape. He gets his water place, only a hour plus a bit drive, no lawn to mow, no condo fees, no annual taxes, we will have a dock fee. Which is a lot cheaper than taxes here

We are getting a survey done, which is like a house inspection, checking for soft spots, bad motors, etc etc. The current owner is a computer geek, his job, and has upgraded all the electric stuff, the lights, the fridge, just redid the bottom for quite a bit of money. His wife is making him sale it, she is not happy with the time he spends on it. It is also coast guard approved, he was doing charter trips. Using the funds from the sale of a rental in Florida.

Nice find on the boat, you are down in my neck of the woods or river. A lot of places you can cruise to by water to go have lunch or dinner, few drinks. Mikes crab house is literally a few minutes by boat from you marina right by the next bridge up the river. I’ll try not to run you guys over with my barge if i see you out there...;), have a bunch of work up past Liberty Marina at the head of South River.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I’ll try not to run you guys over with my barge if i see you out there...;), have a bunch of work up past Liberty Marina at the head of South River.
And we will try not to run you down! The guy has a lease at a different marina, he had already paid a deposit, Annapolis Landing which starts on 4/1 we are taking over his lease so we will need to move the boat. Waiting on the title search still have not officially bought the boat.

We love crabs! After dear hubby gets confident enough with the size we will do daytime eating runs. He is used to 30 foot boats has never driven a 39 foot. And we will have GOOD insurance!
The owner, during the sea trial, almost wrecked into a huge catamaran, like 500k boat. The wind had picked up and he was trying to back into his slip. We missed the boat by about a foot! There is a bunch of wind at that marina, the new one is a bit more sheltered.
And comes with wifi, cable tv, electricity/water paid for.

Stop by and say hi if you are ever bored! We will be in slip f2

B

Burd

Finally finished my siding. The birds and the squirrels couldnt eat all day. Lol

Attachments

• 52BB63CB-58D2-4F70-85AB-5B6650A8D565.jpeg
    52BB63CB-58D2-4F70-85AB-5B6650A8D565.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 72

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
And we will try not to run you down! The guy has a lease at a different marina, he had already paid a deposit, Annapolis Landing which starts on 4/1 we are taking over his lease so we will need to move the boat. Waiting on the title search still have not officially bought the boat.

We love crabs! After dear hubby gets confident enough with the size we will do daytime eating runs. He is used to 30 foot boats has never driven a 39 foot. And we will have GOOD insurance!
The owner, during the sea trial, almost wrecked into a huge catamaran, like 500k boat. The wind had picked up and he was trying to back into his slip. We missed the boat by about a foot! There is a bunch of wind at that marina, the new one is a bit more sheltered.
And comes with wifi, cable tv, electricity/water paid for.

Stop by and say hi if you are ever bored! We will be in slip f2

Yeah it can take a bit getting used to moving large boats in the wind. Even experienced licensed captains have accidents out there usually trying to get in and out of tight slips.

Might see you guys down there at Annapolis Landing , we do a lot of work for them. Rebuilt their gas dock last year or maybe it was the year before stuff runs together at this point. It is a very nice marina, quite a few people there even live on their boats.

Being right in Annapolis there are tons of places to get good food and crabs by boat. A lot to see and do right around there.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a mooch round a few garden centres pricing up some plants. Picked up some barley straw and liquid plant food reduced below half price too

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hubby used to have a boat, with previous wife, at Bert Jabins marina, we pulled it out when we married, living in frederick and him still working we were not using it enough. Now back to boating!
We are going to finally be retired. Selling rentals, slowing down on the bees, ie less hives.

We will spend a bunch of time learning how to control it. It does have two motors, better control. Our slip to be has the finger docks on both sides, so at least we will crash into wood instead of boats. lol

We driving down there tomorrow to check out the slip, the dock manager says it is a nice wide one. The title search should be done this week.

Yeah it can take a bit getting used to moving large boats in the wind. Even experienced licensed captains have accidents out there usually trying to get in and out of tight slips.

Yesterday, fed the bees, again, we have 4 huge hives, a bit testy they do not like being bothered this time of year. They are inhaling the sugar blocks we put on the hives, without feeding them they will die. No food out there yet, pollen is starting up.

We have three hives that are a maybe will survive, this has been a bad year for us. We, so far, have loss 10 hives. The bees are in a mite epidemic, the virus the mites carry weaken the hives then they die.

The rest of the hives are in between the huge ones and the small ones.

Ask a Question