Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Photo?

Hiding from the cold, mind is racing trying to plan the next phase . But now as always it's growing it went from a rain water collection system to now adding a negative edge ...AFTER .... i extend the pond wall back some 12' making a extension to the main pond that would be 12x8 it's not a lot but it would add a lot of swimming distance for the fish...... Nuts..... now i just need a month with nothing else to do

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Did some minor weeding in the native garden today. Creeping Charlie, mostly.
Watched the NASCAR race, which was an incredible race.
Grilled out, since it was so nice out, then ended the day with a fire in the pit by my garden. Not a bad day!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got carried away with the blow torch removing all the dead vegetation from last year . Extended a couple edges that i knew were to low, and tried to catch some koi that were starters for the pond, Didn't want to spend a lot in the beginning and now i have some soso koi that i'd like to bring back to the dealer. It is beyond impossible catching these koi. i made to many places for them to duck away and hide from predators well they see me as one and it's a challenge. got rid of the temporary construction fence should have done that long ago..

what a day sitting working around the pond 55 degress sun shining what could be better

Last edited:
B

Burd

Moving the electric service higher on my house today. Electrician is coming by finally. I can’t finish the siding here till this is done.

B

Burd

Here’s the bay nook. Almost all mud is sanded, gotta ship lap the wall and redo the seating.
that balance is gone now, windows need to be retrieved as well, I don’t like the casing for the shiplap.

Attachments

• 524ADABB-9478-424A-A515-1241105DDD61.jpeg
    524ADABB-9478-424A-A515-1241105DDD61.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 47

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks nice!

Went to get some supplies at costco, I have never seen the store without TP! All kirkland TP was gone, signs up saying only allowed to buy two big packs of TP, paper towels, gloves etc. They did have some Charmin.............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They had some at our Costco and no rules. Looked like everyone in the store had one pack of it in their carts. No one was eating any of the samples. Next day I heard they are not going to be giving them out now. Good idea!
I spent the day dead heading plants in the sunshine. Next I need to do more weeding, ugh!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They quit doing samples here last week. Yeah tp, paper towels etc etc all had limit signs. Each only two allowed. It was not real busy. They had people at the door wiping the cart handles and wipes you could grab. Also some other workers just going around with gloves on wiping all the handles like on freezers etc.

Everybody seemed calm and sort of kept space. I just shopped kept a few extra wet wipes that I used now and then while shopping. Clean hands are the best defense. Hubby would get damaged, with his heart issues etc, I have less chance of being hard smacked if we catch it.

B

Burd

moved service power up today. I can finally finish siding.

Attachments

• BB766A81-EA4C-41F6-A8E0-51A2C366F2B0.jpeg
    BB766A81-EA4C-41F6-A8E0-51A2C366F2B0.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 49

Ask a Question