addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also meant to add sorry about the trouble with your hives... that's discouraging.

Thanks

The mites arrived in 1986, now it is a epidemic, our western bees can't fight the mites/virus. The eastern bees (asia) are able to coexist with them.
We have not been hit hard, usually lose one or two, this was our worse winter. We did all the treatments we could to keep them alive.
Very discouraging, each hive to replace with a package, is around 125. As a active good hive they are worth over 200. We wanted to cut back but not this way.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Taking lots of high dose Vitimin C cause I think I got COVID 19 as I work in busiest store in town.... High doses of vitamin C is only thing that helps this virus. Also do not take any anti-inflammatory drugs cause they make virus WORSE. Trust me I am so much better I cannot feel virus anymore after SUPER large amounts of Vitimin C. Stay safe, don't be afraid.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@callingcolleen1 Get tested as if you only think you had it you could relapse. Even if you think it's gone get tested as I think it will still show up in your body that you had it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have now closed all bars and restaurants here. You can only do take out.

Coronavirus Closings: Gov. Larry Hogan Closes Bars, Restaurants, Movie Theaters, Gyms Around Maryland

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Same here. And we've all been put on WFH status for the near future. I work in a school so we had no choice but to close once the governor gave the order.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm pretty much just echoing what you all have been saying, but no toilet paper to be found around here, either. Luckily, I have maybe two weeks before I need to worry about that. Don't have much to eat, though. Hopefully the stores won't be too cleaned out this weekend. Schools are done for the rest of the month, if not longer. Hopefully these actions will prevent it from getting as bad as other countries, and hopefully we can get past this as soon as possible.

I'm pretty bored with not much going on. Racing occupies a lot of my time on weekends, and with NASCAR and Indycar being suspended for a couple of months, things are going to be pretty boring. Some of the TV shows I watch are off air, too.

Tonight, I made a cover for my seedling stand in the basement. Last year, my cat ripped some out and tried to eat them, so I needed to prevent that this year. Tomorrow night, I'll be working on making some hole extenders for the nest boxes that currently don't have them. I want to do everything possible to keep the House Sparrows out this year. Still bummed that they threw out the Tree Swallow eggs last year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
visit us I have tons of things that need to be done. I can keep you very occupied!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@JBtheExplorer - I think we'll be fine with food. The supply chain is having a tough time keeping up with the current demand. So many people buying more than they normally would - and for some folks that means buying food at all. I work with lots of younger people who tell me this is the first time they've ever kept food in their own house. AT ALL. They just rely on carry out for all their meals... which is a whole other story. But once we catch up, I think we'll be fine. Getting things delivered may be a challenge, since we rely on truckers for that and they're human, too. But eventually everyone is going to need to get back to work. We don't have a scarcity problem - just a demand problem at this point.

But if you find yourself short on food - and this goes for anyone in the Chicago-ish area - just say the word. We have more than enough and are happy to share.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have plenty of food, I put a lot up when we buy at the farmers market in the summer. Also just two older folks we don't eat like teenagers do.
We buy some food from home chef, excellent meals, all you need to do is cook. cost about 9 dollars a meal, quite often we get 4 meals out of one. Delivered right to the door. Even before the virus we very seldom eat out so no biggy to eat in, we are used to it.

Ask a Question