sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Are you getting him fixed .I know peanut is going in as soon as they get over the back up from being shut down .The people i got peanut from sent money to get it done in a check but i feel they should not have to pay for it .I have not cashed the check

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you getting him fixed
Yes and chipped when he is old enough, our vet does it when they are out, since the needle is so darn big and they are so small. I had Missy fixed, I knew if she had babies I would keep every one. I have no desire to breed dogs.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I go to the animal shelter to pay and get the certificate for the vet down the road from them .She does it for 25 dollar cost to the animal shelter and they get to keep the rest which i pay 60 for each cat and I think they told me 70 for peanut .They give them the shots they need and micro chip them .I had the 2 stray cats done from there .I like helping out the animal shelters here .I also take food to donate to them .I just went tuesday with my sister to donate food for cats and dogs

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the last few days I got the lawn mowed short and the dogs bathed before the big rain. Got beneficial nematodes down for the chiggers. Sold off a couple of extra agaves and an elderberry. And cleaned the kitchen, a monumental task when I've been gone for work for 14 days in a row...

Now on my list for today I have an oil change, getting the rest of the wild carrots out of the garden now that the chiggers are maybe being eaten by the nematodes, and going thru the bees, a new beekeeper needs a frame of brood and I haven't been thru those hives in about 6 weeks. Good flow here today so shouldn't be too crowded around 2 pm.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Love the grumble. And I feel you. My wrists are about shot at 34, they started messing up in my 20s. Wrist braces help, when I can manage not to loose the darn things. But I'm in a hand heavy job, so I only use it when I need it, for heavy stuff, like bagging ice. That is, when I can find it!

I got carpal tunnel from hand sewing when I was in my 30's - and it turned out ulnar. My kids learned to sew on their own buttons and I gave up all my indoor hobbies.... Finally got surgery on the right at the end of 2016. I don't push it with the hand work anymore but I love having my hands back.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My right hand where my thumb sits has been giving me issues for the past year or so. Tried a brace. Only helps for doing something strenuous that might cause me pain. Not real horrible but if I move it just right it sends me some excruciating pain waves but only for a short time then back to less pain that pretty much stays there unless it is totally motionless then no pain at all. Have not gone to doc. I figure it is just wear and tear arthritis and nothing much they can do for it.

So then for today back to rolling wood rounds up into the trailer again. One load home from yesterday and more to go. Great for my hand! Oh well!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Love the grumble. And I feel you. My wrists are about shot at 34, they started messing up in my 20s. Wrist braces help, when I can manage not to loose the darn things. But I'm in a hand heavy job, so I only use it when I need it, for heavy stuff, like bagging ice. That is, when I can find it!
I am the worst at losing things! I keep thinking about getting wrist braces, and then I remember how I can lose the glasses on my face and I am not sure it's worth it. But if it really helps, it probably is! Where do you get your braces from?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wal-Mart Should have some, but if you go to a doctor, you can get the good kind, well padded with the metal brace in it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've always had hand heavy hobbies, drawing, reading, and such. Then doing pushups in the military, my wrists started hurting, and then I had a job splicing cable, which was very wrist intensive. Now I'm an assistant manager at a has station, which means checking out customers a lot, bagging ice, stocking, etc. So My wrists get lots of movment. I fear my hands will be crippled up by the time I'm 50, good thing YouTube has audiobooks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was surprised how well hemp seed oil works .I have no more knee ,back or hand problems and have been taking it every morning for over a year .I use cbd cream also for my joints
104_0348.JPG
104_0346.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Soaking in my tub, listening to the night sounds outside, I think the owls must be in love! I hear one standard hoot, then it changed up it's call to what I'd call cooing, which makes me think of bird's when the males are courting or when feeding chicks. So probably got a nest with chicks.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was surprised how well hemp seed oil works
I live on the stuff, been taking it for a few years now. I buy the straight oil, take a dropper full at night. Also turmeric, a very good anti-inflammatory. My hands can almost close again, darn arthritis. The constant, keep you awake, pain is gone, but if over used I can flare them right back up. Sort of got my hands back, sort of.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well finally caught a lily bloom and all the ones coming up
104_0351.JPG
104_0355.JPG

Attachments

• 104_0375.JPG
    104_0375.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 104_0378.JPG
    104_0378.JPG
    292.3 KB · Views: 41

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No wood cutting today. All saws refused to continue on w/the job so need a new saw. To be continued. Nice day today of bicycle riding and relaxing by the pond.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got the call we have been waiting for we go to pick up lil bear on Friday! So excited! He is the larger one with the black, his sister is smaller, the tiny one is gus a new pup from a different mom.

Ask a Question