JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The weather was really nice today, so I was outside quite a bit. Took the pond breather out of the pond and cleaned it.

Also bought F1 2020 tonight since it was on sale. It's a lot of fun.

4-3-2021_8-01-52_PM-pbmbwust.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah... first day to be out in the yard in MONTHS and it was glorious. It's so fun to wander the yard and see what's coming to life. It happens so fast! One moment everything is dead and brown and the next there's new life everywhere!

We just puttered around, turned on the auxiliary waterfall, scooped and raked leaves, moved some flower pots out of storage, patio tables and umbrellas out, got the patio pond ready to fill... just enjoying the day. Saw not one, not two, but THREE giant bullfrogs lounging in and around the pond. Tomorrow is slated to be just as nice. More "work" on the schedule... but who am I kidding? This isn't work... this is living!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice hair! I always wanted mine long, it gets to my shoulders. So I tell people my hair can't compete with the nutrients needed to run the brain!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Temps climbing to 65 ish, we, most likely will be inspecting some hives. Need to stay on top of them or they do the swarm!

Ad

Advertisements

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I restarted the 150 gallon stock tank bog on the pond we shut down. It leaks- bad! Seems like having the tanks up on blocks makes them prone to freezing and cracking. Exact same thing happened with the last tank we had in that spot. Guess I now have another large planter.

brokensword

Not all those who wander are lost
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I restarted the 150 gallon stock tank bog on the pond we shut down. It leaks- bad! Seems like having the tanks up on blocks makes them prone to freezing and cracking. Exact same thing happened with the last tank we had in that spot. Guess I now have another large planter.
isn't it nice when you suddenly realize you get to buy new plants this spring?? ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I did scrambled eggs and biscuits for me and dad. Hubby went to bed when I got up, kids are still asleep. Working on cleaning, need to put the chicks back out on the porch since the freeze threat is over. Next step is to reclean the wash room and sun room, things just get dumped wherever when we are in a hurry, trying to clean another area, or clueless on where else to put it. I also need to clean all the aquarium filters, do partial water changes, and what not. My hands are stiff and swollen from work, and trying to help with the chicken coop we are building didn’t help them yesterday.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
isn't it nice when you suddenly realize you get to buy new plants this spring?? ;)
Have a greenhouse full right now with veggies, milkweed and lotus. Going to take a lot of work to empty the gravel out and relocate tank. I may just put it in the pond and use it to grow bog plants to sell!

brokensword

Not all those who wander are lost
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Have a greenhouse full right now with veggies, milkweed and lotus. Going to take a lot of work to empty the gravel out and relocate tank. I may just put it in the pond and use it to grow bog plants to sell!
@mrsclem ; do you ever have any white lotus to sell? I'd be interested if you do as I tried seeds last year but lost both of them. I was going to try again in a month this year, but a tuber would be much more preferable. I bought a dwarf white from a nursery last year but that too, seemed to die out. Waiting this year to see if anything comes back but I have my doubts.

Btw, spent last week 'mrsclemming' my water lilies, just as you instructed. Hope all the leaves make it through the mesh as it certainly looks better on the surface now without my 'all in one' net. Thanks!

Ad

Advertisements

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok- so now I'm a planting method! Sorry, no white lotus as all my established ones are pink. I have seeds I planted last year that I hope will give me some variety. All but one of the lilies that I divided are growing.

Attachments

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have buds being sent up, never thought they would this early it has been cold. the pond water is 51F

I found one forgotten lily, it was only 4 inches under water surface, growing great. Guess it did not freeze, our ice layer was never real thick.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got the new net up on the pond, finally, very nice. I ordered a 24x30 thinking I was making it tooooo big, nope just fit! Got a 12 foot diameter one for the 1000 gallon tank. So now the 1000 gallon pond and the big pond are well protected.
It not even really noticeable. I use fiberglass rods, to help support the net on the bog edge. My other nets were totally falling apart.
Thanks for the companies name @mrsclem

And inspected bee hives today, just did two, will do the rest tomorrow, this is a deep inspection, ie what the heck are you girls doing.
nvr travel_house view_main_20210404160528_@3.jpg

Last edited:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had several large buds on the lilies in the stock tank. They froze 2 weeks ago. Plants are still good.
I yanked them out to set free and covered with buds a few hit the surface, but a whole lot coming up.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So we got the chickens moved out, but Lordy those things made a big mess under their cage. Last load of laundry should be ready for the dryer now, but I took the time to make a vest out of an old acu top, chopped the sleeves and sewed them on the front as pockets, to use at work when I’m doing wiring harnesses. Overdid it, fingers are going a bit numb. Next I get to go sweep up all the mess that fell out of the critter cage. But I’m proud of my vest! I now have 6 pockets and a pen holder. Lol, went to snap a pic of it and Spook decided he needed in the picture. First chance he’s had in a long time to join us inside and get huMom time, so he’s been “assisting “ my sewing.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Last time mitch popped on here was August 2020. That I found.

It's crazy how the real-estate market is now. Mostly driven by the three big cities and states. A home close to us a real dive corner lot busy street terrible location sold on a 6000 so lot all house and drive way they got 575k insane and to no surprise there's NY plates in the driveway.
I did see a bunch of realtors in tenn were in trouble for not showing homes to NY or California people. Can't say I blame them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful couple days though a bit chilly yesterday. The fish are all out have found some fuzz on one of the fish might be fin rot . It was a long winter here with a foot of ice and it appears I didn't get all of the contaminents last fall from some plants or possibly a fish.
20210404_101250.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
photobomb! @JamieB

There will be a correction, but not like 08 mess, the appraisers, banks are only loaning what is appropriate. If you want to do a bidding war, it is cash out of your pocket. Per my very good realtor. Down the road those that bought with the cash will not be able to sale at what they paid for it. It is insane!

It's crazy how the real-estate market is now.

Ask a Question