Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just want a bit of wax, and pollinators. About to head to Texas, his money came in today. So I’m driving down, get to spend a few hours cleaning, a trip to the store for the exotic fruit we don’t get here, then back home in time to go to bed for work Saturday

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Extracting our first frame of honey, taking care of the pup, over heated from working on the hives yesterday still feeling a bit bad.

Well I looked outside, via the windows, the pond was down by 6 plus inches..................S---T!!! run down, look everywhere for a leak, find none. Then I look at the bog..............

DON'T DO WHAT I DID! between the new pup, the old boat , the bees, weeds on steroids, I ignore the bog. MISTAKE
The water was up by over 3 inches, no clue where it was leaking over the edge but it was. I went and yanked and yanked plants. Made the path to the water fall which I USUALLY do every month. Which I have not done all summer. Whew, pond level staying now, bog dropped by over 3 inches in water height. Plants just tossed over the back of the downhill bog edge. later will either chop mow or pick up.

Thankfully can just manual feed water to the pond, turn on the irrigation system, took two hours of water. Well water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My work is cut out for me here. Organizing chaos. One room and half the kitchen done. I’m thinking sleep for a few hours, then up and finish the kitchen and their room, I get to take their dog and very chunky cat home with me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve has my few hours of sleep, and am working on the kitchen. Figured I’d post a few nice pics from the trip here. There were fields of sunflowers, and the arbuckle mountains were pretty. I so wanted to just stop and gather a few tons of rock, for the pond, but decided I’d better not! For anyone else who may travel along i35 between Oklahoma and Texas, I strongly recommend a stop at arbuckle mountain fried pies, they are so yummy!!! We had a polish sausage and potatoes for savory, and I bought apricot for desert. Best apricot filling!

Attachments

• B4858DB8-81ED-4924-8D8A-8E83A30FB35A.jpeg
    B4858DB8-81ED-4924-8D8A-8E83A30FB35A.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 53
  • 6B8A8FB7-F885-44B5-88DA-45B8688E3415.jpeg
    6B8A8FB7-F885-44B5-88DA-45B8688E3415.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 49
  • EA9D24A2-490B-4BC9-973B-24B734E99026.jpeg
    EA9D24A2-490B-4BC9-973B-24B734E99026.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 53

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Walked part of the the lakefront yesterday around the harbor and part of the Lake Michigan Pathway.

Breakwater Lighthouse
IMG_9514 copy.jpg

Wind Point Lighthouse
IMG_9516 copy.jpg

Harbor Lighthouse
IMG_9522 copy.jpg

Reefpoint Marina
IMG_9520 copy.jpg

Main Street Bridge
IMG_9527 copy.jpg

Lake Michigan
IMG_9513 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Co worker is buying a place, I had to go pick her up yesterday, saw a like of flagstones and asked their plans for them. Apparently there used to be a small preformed pond, someone shot it up. And they are planning to redo it. I suggested she join us on here and learn more, do a liner, and set up bog filter. So of she joins us, I'll be happy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m building up local pond friends slowly. I tried to get one on here, he said no, he doesn’t have time for a forum. But that’s ok, when he runs into issues I’ll point him here. Again! And I think I’ll convince her to join.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Working on honey, working on honey, This is our intense time. Darn heavy boxes, sure builds the muscles.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m having a day. Really don’t like the entitlement attitude . I’m going on overnights next work schedule, and will be pleased to not have to deal with as much attitude.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Groomed our lil bear for the first time today, he did pretty good for a 13 wk puppy. He and Missy are starting to play better! Ms Missy is so alpha and has had us to her self for 7 years.

He so much faster than Missy being small he can make the turns and slip between the couch set and under coffee tables his safe spot, then he attacks Missy again So funny to watch them chase, now asleep! I need to speed up my fstop he hardly ever stops moving
IMG_4851.jpg
IMG_4861.jpg
IMG_4864.jpg
IMG_4868.jpg
IMG_4870.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yay looks like they are getting along much better now :love:
So cute to see them playing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I discovered that the co worker we are training to take my position has a pond too! He's a bit overstocked with too large koi, in a pond a bit small for them, not too bad, but I recommend this forum to him, so hopefully he will be joining ! He's really interested in the idea of a big filter now, possibly a stock tank style. So if K joins us, expect a nice guy with a slightly overstuffed under filtered pond, with algea problems. Standard stuff, which we see so often.
That reminds me, I need to figure out my new ponds size to get a volume on it, so I can start looking for pumps.

Ask a Question