addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it is teak, cleans up pretty decently. I am not sanding down to all brand new wood, some of the pieces are very small. It will have a bit of antique looking wood, character.
You have to warm it up with a heat gun and scrape off any of the old varnish. Then sand etc etc. Takes time, but worth it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Kitties are playing ring around the grumpy guy, upsetting hubby by bouncing from couch to side table to my chair. So I just used painters tape sticky side up to mark off where they launch and land from, as they don’t like the feel of tape stuck to their paws. One immediately stepped on it, and backed off shaking her paws. This tape works well as it’s not so sticky that it will tangle on their paws rather than sticking to the upholstery, and should work well to reduce the activity he finds upsetting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 55

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Kitties are playing ring around the grumpy guy, upsetting hubby by bouncing from couch to side table to my chair.
So funny! We now rate this pup as having 10 2 year olds running around. Luckily he goes crazy and then crashes back to sleep.
He is learning to type, loves walking on the keyboard!

20200611_145243.jpg
20200612_191429.jpg
20200615_115824.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been seeing this L-29 lately. Saw it this morning on my garden walk and had my camera on me so I got a photo of it.
I think this was the jet that was doing low flyovers a few weeks ago. Did a tight, fast turn over my house. It was pretty cool. No airshows this year, so this is as close as it gets to one.
IMG_8893 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I put up snake proof wren homes, so what do they do? put their nest in my tool hanger, one of those things with the balls for shovels etc.

I need to move the cam see if I can get shots of them. I moved everything that would make it easy for the snake to get up there.

Heading to the boat, a nice weekend, cool, which I need for the trim work I am doing. Taking the wood from this

View attachment 130066

To this doing three layers of epoxy then 4-5 layers of varnish. Right now on layer 2 of the varnish. I brought home what trim I could remove the rest needs to be worked on the boat. This trip I will get the epoxy on the sterns wood trim, the rail. The wood really needed work, but the boat is 30 years old, it does not look like the last owner did anything to the wood. View attachment 130065
What kind of boat are you doing the re finishing on? Pics?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh please...that is just too cute...Yorkie, right? What did you name him/her?
We called him lil bear he is a yorkie our lil 7 yr old is a yorkie. Both have the parti color. He will lose a lot of the black as he ages, mom and dad were a beautiful silver, gray tan color.

He is one tough little boy seems really smart attentive. The breeder told us his mom is one of her smarter ones and very opinionated.

I have had 6 yorkies, Missy is number 6 lil bear is number 7. Missy is smarter than any of my other ones. lil bear is showing the same level.
He entertains us all of the time, such a joy!

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We got this little guy, big now, at the end of January. Poor guy, with the lock down he missed out on getting socialized. We brought him to doggy day care last week but he is so afraid of other dogs, We have another but she’s old and cranky and not well socialized either, she is a rescue. He failed his “exam” and now we are bringing him for day boarding because they still try and let the boarders have a little play time together. Hoping he’ll get used to other dogs, and people, then we can let him do doggie day care and then enroll in doggie boot camp. He loves us and his “auntie” (she doesn’t miss him when he is at “school”) but unfortunately he is a victim of social distancing.
DCBC69F2-54D2-4380-B7F1-BB05176A91AD.jpeg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Poor pup, hope he gets better.
We can't dog socialize the pup except with our yorkie, he is too young. Don't want to take a chance with parvo.

What kind of boat are you doing the re finishing on? Pics?
It is a 87 searay, 390 express cruiser. The wood needed work, we need to remove the leopard skin carpet. Put in the vinyl plank flooring.
At 33 years old there is always something to take care of. The engines are good, that is important!
boat3.JPG
boat4.JPG
boat5.JPG
20200612_092232.jpg

All the wood was looking like these steps.
20200604_095334.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
We called him lil bear he is a yorkie our lil 7 yr old is a yorkie. Both have the parti color. He will lose a lot of the black as he ages, mom and dad were a beautiful silver, gray tan color.

He is one tough little boy seems really smart attentive. The breeder told us his mom is one of her smarter ones and very opinionated.

I have had 6 yorkies, Missy is number 6 lil bear is number 7. Missy is smarter than any of my other ones. lil bear is showing the same level.
He entertains us all of the time, such a joy!

Well they call them “lion hearted” for a reason. Big dog in a little package.Most people that have them stay with the breed...So much personality! Makes you smile just to look at that face:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
We got this little guy, big now, at the end of January. Poor guy, with the lock down he missed out on getting socialized. We brought him to doggy day care last week but he is so afraid of other dogs, We have another but she’s old and cranky and not well socialized either, she is a rescue. He failed his “exam” and now we are bringing him for day boarding because they still try and let the boarders have a little play time together. Hoping he’ll get used to other dogs, and people, then we can let him do doggie day care and then enroll in doggie boot camp. He loves us and his “auntie” (she doesn’t miss him when he is at “school”) but unfortunately he is a victim of social distancing.
View attachment 130390
The same is going on next door. They too got a puppy and cannot really socialize him right now. It is especially hard with a dog that is shy to begin with. Sounds like he has a really good home though. He is very lucky...so many don’t...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Poor pup, hope he gets better.
We can't dog socialize the pup except with our yorkie, he is too young. Don't want to take a chance with parvo.

It is a 87 searay, 390 express cruiser. The wood needed work, we need to remove the leopard skin carpet. Put in the vinyl plank flooring.
At 33 years old there is always something to take care of. The engines are good, that is important!View attachment 130392View attachment 130393View attachment 130394View attachment 130395

All the wood was looking like these steps.
View attachment 130396
Very nice addy1...my uncle had the same boat and I used to help him with the teak...it was a lot of work but we got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well they call them “lion hearted” for a reason. Big dog in a little package.Most people that have them stay with the breed...So much personality! Makes you smile just to look at that face:)
Missy thinks she is bigger than any dog she sees, hunts anything that moves, but she has learned rabbits are too fast. She does a short chase then backs off.
We always pick her up when we get near any dogs.

Ask a Question