TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Darn. So sorry to hear. Get some shubunkins they have great colors.
I do have one shubunkin already :) I have my two goldfish left, and they are nice, and they dont poop as much as koi!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did you finish your construction or has winter timed you out

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yesterday at 1:00 AM we had to take our dog Mandy to the ER for congestive heart failure. She had the same happen in July. She was put into an oxygen box. At 7:00 AM yesterday, we were told by 1 of her doctors there was very little hope for recovery. Yesterday, we got 2 calls from her other doctor with words of hope. This morning, we picked her up at 8:00 AM, and when we got back to the RV, she was begging for food. Today is a good day.
mandy in rv 002.JPG
mandy in rv 003.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just talked to my sister, I’m getting a new liner on Monday, and her koi, goldfish, other pond fish and supplies on Wednesday. Wrong time of year, but she is moving suddenly, and needs them to go ASAP. Not the right time of year, and pray I can keep them alive.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww one thing you did not need is more things on your overloaded plate!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are pups are a member of the family no matter what they do they are still family. glad to hear the dr's are as wrong as the weather man

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well yesterday I told the boss that I will be putting in my notice next week. I’m letting my regular friendly customers know as well as my co workers. So very tired of the bull. Next comes the parts I dread, filling out new job applications. I don’t recall the start/end dates of previous jobs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yikes ,, looking for a new job in this pandemic bull crap.... i'd stick with what you got the new guy coming sure as hell ain't going to make things better. good luck Jamie

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve had several job offers. I’m burnt out here, ready to say/ do something that would probably get me fired.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Enjoying this last quiet weekend before the holidays are upon us. The weather is the usual midwest mix - last week we had two days in the high 50s/low 60s, then the rain started, which turned to sleet, and now snow. I'll take the snow - everything looks so much prettier with a nice white blanket over it.

@JamieB - good luck with the job search. It's never easy, but when you're done, you're done. Sounds like you have some good leads and you're a hard worker. That's all most employers really hope for - someone who shows up and works hard. In fact, "showing up" is 90% of the battle!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reach out to the offers, tell them you are moving on, see if you can anchor a job before you quit.
We have a rule in my house ALL have been told you don't quit a job untill you have a job or I WILL BECOME YOUR BOSS ONLY ONE DARED TO TRIED ME ONCE since then not one of them want to work for me again !!!!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finally put the pond breathers in, they say we have a noreaster coming which may or may not bring a lot of snow, but the temps are diving down, again. Even plugged them in, never plugged them in all of last winter.

Went and checked on our boat it is still floating! We put two of those oil heaters in the boat one in the cabin one in the bilge to help keep the temp up. Even with winterizing figure why not. Our dock lease pays for power for the year.

Refilled the bird, squirrel feeders so they have a good snack for the possible snow days.

Ask a Question