addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy ....Whiskey? ...... and no I meant for the pup . AT 4.5 POUNDS TWO EYE DROPPERS FULL SHOULD DO IT LOL
That would work, but going to the groomer, 16 minute drive, sit for 35 minutes drive home.................will be my method for awhile. With my hands using the scissors also makes them hurt, so a win win

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Painting a ceramic tree that has been sitting in my pottery room for months. This covid crap has gotten me to where I don't feel like doing anything. Christmas shopping is 100% online this year. I'm in a rut, a covid rut. I feel like jumping in my Jeep and heading south till I get to an ocean.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ordered a new range hood. Removed filters to clean them and one of the screws holding the hood up was laying on the filter! Plus it screams every time i turn it on. Only rated for 190cfm, not good for someone who cooks a lot. New one rated at 900cfm so that should help. It seems Lowes does not install hoods. I put the last one in but really don't feel like the hassle. Hiring a contractor is going to cost almost as much as the hood so guess I will be doing the install. Oh what fun!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Baking pie crusts for the “pie to the face” contest that ended a month ago. Been trying to get the co winners to set a date for it, it’s taken over a month. So I’m up over two hours after I should have been in bed. But I made lasagna earlier, and ate two servings, happy belly! If the pies, two will be just whip cream, then they each get one to go home with, a peach and a pumpkin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Painting a ceramic tree that has been sitting in my pottery room for months. This covid crap has gotten me to where I don't feel like doing anything. Christmas shopping is 100% online this year. I'm in a rut, a covid rut. I feel like jumping in my Jeep and heading south till I get to an ocean.
take a walk outside every day and take a picture of something different each time. Pick a theme, maybe 'how am I feeling today?' or do an animal sighting album, etc. This will give you both a break from being cooped up as well as some fun and purpose.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
take a walk outside every day and take a picture of something different each time. Pick a theme, maybe 'how am I feeling today?' or do an animal sighting album, etc. This will give you both a break from being cooped up as well as some fun and purpose.
Hawks are abundant this year. Our resident red tail has been chasing others away from our yard, her personal hunting grounds, she claims this stretch but I’ve seen about 5 others around. Must have been a good breeding year, I believe 2-3 were her offspring from this year because she tolerated them for a while. When I happen to be driving during daylight, I’ve seen lots of hawks all over along fence lines and power lines, more than usual.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
More puppies. Sable is in labor now. This is dads dog, and we apparently didn’t get Brian’s fixed in time. I told them to keep her away from the males when she went in heat, I was largely ignored, so here we are two puppies and counting. So far One boy one girl, both have moms coloring, with the boy being a shade darker, like mom was when she was born. I noticed they tend to lighten up as they grow, so what looks rather dark now will be the dark honey blond with black points on face and tail.
The older litter should be about 7-8 weeks old now, so I’ll go get their shots tomorrow or Monday and pick up the shots for these ones then too. I’ll store the shots for this litter till they are old enough, and give the adults rabies boosters too. One I’ve given the older puppies their shots, I’ll be trying to find them homes, except for Chunk, cause he’s a sweet lazy boy, and we need a big boy to raise as next alpha guard dog.
Monday I’ll be moving sable into the wash room where we can clean puppy messes easily, because puppies go from cute little things to poop machines quickly, and once puppies are a bit bigger, they’ll be moved to the porch where the other puppies were.

Attachments

• 0DE5648F-7F69-422A-9BB7-ADDCF29C61F4.jpeg
    0DE5648F-7F69-422A-9BB7-ADDCF29C61F4.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So who’s been wanting a new dog? Sable stopped at 4, thank god. The plan is to get them moved to the wash room, I’m thinking today, because unhappy puppies wake me up with their cries they can’t find the right teat, and I’m apparently still sensitive to baby cries to wake up like I did, regardless of species. So when sables bladder makes her leave the babies, I’ll know it’s safe to move them. She was such a good girl, upset thinking she had to , and trying to do it out of the way, but instead having a baby. By the last one, she had realized what that feeling meant, and stayed on her birthing blanket. She let me midwife for her, no problem, and only yelped three times, I guess the second puppy wasn’t too painful. Playing catch for puppies... I’m such a dork. But it was good bonding for us, and I’ll have to find her a good treat this morning.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Two is enough for us, you are a real critter champ!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We have more than we want. Covid hit and prevented us from finding any homes for one of the litters born this spring, then Sable and martini hit maturity and have a litter each. Yeah, we buy dog food in multiple 50 lb bags, I think we use 200-250 each month or so, depending on weather, how hungry they are. I would gladly find new homes for roughly half the dogs.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Prolly harder to find homes the older they get. Look like pretty dogs, maybe you can find homes for a bunch of them. Have you tried advertising or word of mouth. We have a neighborhood online site here called Nextdoor.com. They are all over the whole country. You choose your own hood and give them your info and you are good to go. Pick your city in Oklahoma: https://nextdoor.com/find-neighborhood/ok/

Ask a Question