JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was given Farming Simulator for Christmas so I've been messing around with that the past few days. It's fun and surprisingly in-depth.

12-29-2020_5-00-31_PM-fgcnq2jo.jpg

12-29-2020_5-00-33_PM-4r5usavw.jpg

12-29-2020_5-00-32_PM-h40dq5cy.jpg

12-29-2020_5-00-34_PM-z0d4ibmb.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
still replacing flooring after i rip up old laminate and still ripping out the old plastic garbage moldings and putting in new wood ones .I have 3 more windows and two more double door closets in the spare bedrooms .Hard because I have to move the furniture and everything out of my way to one side of the rooms and then move it back to do the other side .But good in a way took lots of stuff to goodwill and to habitat for humanity .I just have to get done before mowing season starts up again .I have also started my bathroom . Hubbies bathroom will have to wait .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh dear god... my husband had that and spent weeks on that game, playing nothing else, till I was ready to go steal a tractor just to get him off of it!

I've noticed it's easy to lose a lot of time to it. Last night, I was going to shut it off, but then I remembered I wanted to buy a skid steer, so I did, and then I remembered I wanted a pallet of trees, so I went and picked that up. Then I decided to harvest two fields. Then I decided I might as well replant them.

It went on for hours.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Finally found a plumber here to put on turn off valves on my pex plumbing in the spa tub .I looked at buying the tool but 4 or 5 hundred dollars for 1 job .All the rest of the bathrooms 4 in all ,3 have shut offs but mine doesn't at the bathtub .I found pink plumbers a woman owned plumbing business right here .I googled plumbers and their name never came up and called 4 of the others and they seem to never call back and called them 2 and 3 times .Not sure why but hey you don't call you loose business that way

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
2020. I’m so done with this year. I gave my cat a chunk of cheddar, since I didn’t have a mouse for him, and his uncanny self set it behind the fridge, and then kept checking to see if it baited any mice out. Ummm, my cat might have been human in a previous life and hasn’t quite forgotten all the higher brain functions like reasoning! If I had known he wouldn’t just eat it, I’d have filmed it. Then just now I caught the little female pup that likes hubby so much trying to climb his leg like a bear cub. No, no bears here, if we had them, I’d think her daddy might be part bear.
My last night at work! I’m sore, coming down with bronchitis, ( I know the symptoms, I get it almost every winter, and can taste and smell) so I’ll be happy walking out. But we are expecting ice and snow.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My last night at work! I’m sore, coming down with bronchitis, ( I know the symptoms, I get it almost every winter, and can taste and smell) so I’ll be happy walking out. But we are expecting ice and snow.
Happy last day of work! at least at that job!

Doctor mcboy

hes dead jim
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve got two days off, then I work two shifts, and leave the last morning for the last time as an employee there. So eager to be done. I’m counting down! They still haven’t got someone to do half the stuff I did regularly. And I refuse to continue hurting my health for that job. It feels so good to be able to sit down once I get home, hurting from my feet up to my neck, with extra pain in the knees and lower back.

my knee and lower back hurt every day. sometimes it was all i could do to make it thru work then it took all night to recover. it also sounds like you work 12 hour night shifts, witch sucks hard. i avoided all 12 hr shift jobs due to that. 12 hours on your feet is too long.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I H A T E H O L I D A Y S ................
Painted one bed room after repairing the ceiling from a limb puncturing the rubber roof. And all the water damage as a result.
Skim coated one bathroom, walls and ceiling.
Painted the hall walls and ceiling after touching up and mudding the destruction from years of kids.
Sanded down the hard wood floor in the kitchen shellacked the floor stained and three coats of VERY high viscosity pollyurethane. That's sticks to high hell Huffers are out of there minds. I'm high as a kite as the third coat just went on.
Painted the field stone foundation in the basement with UGL......Looks great ....what a bitch.......
Started painting the living room ceiling and skylights........................
All in under a week ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg woops wife says i have to change that in a week it's only been 5 days. feels like two months

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, I should be cleaning and unpacking (new apartment), but I just spend the better part of the last hour arguing with strangers on the internet about refrigerating condiments.... :D
I said it before i'll say it again. If i had one wish it would be to wipe out social media and go back to the days of hard lines and Gatherings with friends and family.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I H A T E H O L I D A Y S ................
Painted one bed room after repairing the ceiling from a limb puncturing the rubber roof. And all the water damage as a result.
Skim coated one bathroom, walls and ceiling.
Painted the hall walls and ceiling after touching up and mudding the destruction from years of kids.
Sanded down the hard wood floor in the kitchen shellacked the floor stained and three coats of VERY high viscosity pollyurethane. That's sticks to high hell Huffers are out of there minds. I'm high as a kite as the third coat just went on.
Painted the field stone foundation in the basement with UGL......Looks great ....what a bitch.......
Started painting the living room ceiling and skylights........................
All in under a week ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg woops wife says i have to change that in a week it's only been 5 days. feels like two months
Well once you’re done there, you should come visit us! I’ve got a nice long list of things needing done here!!! And I’ll pay you in puppies!
I just got back inside. Coyotes are hungry, and I had to bring two of the almost-adults in to treat wounds. Purple wound koat and superglue, cleaned one bite wound to the abdominal muscles with peroxide, went out to check the others, got mobbed by my cats, had to pet them, then when tossing bird seed out to the cardinals, got mobbed by the porch pups. Every one wants hi-moms attention. And my crud has just set up camp in my sinuses, right behind my eye. I can still taste and smell, much to my delight as I ate a bowl of chicken and rice soup earlier. I loaded my portion with garlic and onions as the guys don’t like onions. I’m disappointed how weak the garlic flavor was, I used several cloves, crushed then sliced, then sautéed with celery and onions. But it was tasty and filling.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Would love to work outside today; it is going to be beautiful. Instead we are scheduled to do "tastings" outside of The Artisan Exchange (one of our customers) in Milford, PA at the town's semi-annual Toast to Milford. Milford is a quaint, scenic town on the Delaware River in Northeast, PA.

http://milfordpa.us/

View attachment 105795

View attachment 105796

View attachment 105797
HI! Just joined the forum and was browsing around when I came across your post. Hi "neighbor"! I'm retired and living in Dingman's Ferry.

Ask a Question