Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hubby's out of town for a few weeks and I have to take care of everything on my own while he's gone, so between a full time job, the kids, the house, the pets and the Christmas shopping, I really don't have much time left to spend on here.... the best you can do to keep the Forum going, is to keep on posting

I'm not having fun shopping this year, it's the first time I have to do it alone and the stores don't carry what I want....I love Christmas but I can't wait till it's over

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
2017-12-11 11.50.46.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I found a new idea!for anyone else in the medical field, or with family/ friends in the medical field. Use IV tubing for irrigation! Easy to set drip rates. Just drill a hole in a water bottles lid to fit the spike, set the rate, and you’re good to go! If I’d kniwn about it, I’d have grabbed all the expired tubing two months ago.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m too broke to shop this week. I haven’t bought anything yet. I know what I want to get my hubby, the idea of what to get my dad evaporated from my brain, I think I’ll have to consult with my sister on what to get her kids. I like to do practical gifts. Last year my niece got shoes, she needed them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hate Christmas shopping and buy everything online that I can. I won't order food from grocery stores tho. Need to see it to eat it! Waiting for it to warm up a little before I step outside for my walk. Can't believe it............yesterday hubby went w/me. I took him through the abandoned tree farm where all the critters are waiting to get you but I carry my collapsible car radio antenna and a metal weed stabber w/me in case of bear or cougars :)
upload_2017-12-11_10-35-22.gif
upload_2017-12-11_10-35-49.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We did 100% of our shopping online this year. I am so tired of trying to shop the brick and mortars and finding untrained, unhelpful, unpleasant employees. I can do my own research and price comparison and with free shipping from most vendors I save money by not having to drive from store to store.

And @JamieB - I've learned to write down good gift ideas as soon as they pop into my head. I keep a running list all year long so I don't have the Christmas panic!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That stuff may save you jw or give the critters a good laugh .All my laundry done and brought in from outside

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Me too, with hubby out of town, this year I ended up doing all the shopping online...it was easier than going to stores,and I'm already done, sure, but I admit shopping the old fashion way adds so much Holiday cheer , I'm just not feeling it this year!

@Lisak1 Love the idea of the list, thanks! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today I’m sore. Had a load to haul yesterday, it turned into a hard work out. 8 inch diameter Polly pipe, 50’ long. Getting them even kinda straight on the trailer involved climbing up, using almost every muscle in my body to push, pull, lift, shove, and pry them into some kind of order. We ended up with 5 people on the trailer and one loading us. Once I’m done aching this morning, I’ll go shampoo my very pregnant sister carpet, and give her dog a bath. She’s being amazing. Her unexpected pregnancy ( doctors told her she wouldn’t be able to get pregnant again) is going to make the world a better place. She has back and neck issues, can’t lift a baby. Her husbands cousin can’t have kids, almost died from an etopic pregnancy ruptured. So she’s letting the cousin adopt the baby. The cousin is a great lady, happily married, the one who does my hair actually. So my sister is doing the very best thing any woman can do, and giving a woman who can’t have kids, her own baby. I’m proud of her.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wow, amazing JamieB. I decided to run away to St. Michaels on the eastern shore and do some Christmas shopping. The town is empty! They had their parade and celebration this last weekend. Almost every restaurant is closed for the season so decided to take advantage of the breakfast buffet at the hotel. Huge setup and then I find out I'm the only person staying there! Guilt trip! Got my shopping done before it got too cold and wet. Hubby just called and told me they moved his surgery time up 4 hours so will be leaving before dawn to get back over the bridge.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was outside it got up to 50 degrees and then the cold northern wind started blowing and it got bitter cold out .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just got back from arm therapy. Not bad, at the end they put an ice pack and these electrode patches on your shoulder and little zaps of electricity shoot around in there. Arm feels better already!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Lisak1 Yes I read that and it is possible that is how I got this but mine is not real bad so hoping it will heal w/therapy. I am not getting shots in my arms ever again. I think I made the mistake of waiting too long to go see the doc when I kept having pain tho. Kept thinking it would pass. So I bet there is not enough proof to show it is SIRVA for any compensation.

Ask a Question