j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@JamieB I love the kittens and mama is sweet too! Have always been a cat and dog lover..............for that matter any animal. Used to bring them home when I was a kid and hide them from my parents.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not as cute and fuzzy as Jamie's kittens but------
0324211449.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
YUMMMMMMY My Favs, chocolate and raspberries.................looks darn good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So spent yesterday evening rearrange the living room, today we need to fine tune it and put away the small stuff. But we have to get it done today. I got a phone call bright and early, a job offer from a place I’d put in for almost two months ago. So after a family talk, talking with dads boss, and a bit more talk, Austin will take over as dads assistant, and I start my new job in the morning. I’ll be working in a paint booth. After saying yes, making plans, I then got a call about the other job I had put in for. That one is closer, but it’s a process to get hired, not a actual “ the job is yours if you want”, more of “ do you want to try out for a job”.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That always happens, Get two offers at once. When I tried to get a ultrasound job, every one I interviewed for said NO you are too educated, (masters level for a job that was HS grad level) you will never stay, etc etc. I got a offer at two different hospitals at once. 39 years later left that job. Loved that job, it paid very well as the field grew. Started way back when nobody knew what ultrasound was about.
So in a way you accepted one, but have not really started which do you really want to work at? But you did make a commitment which is hard to break.

We ran by our rental we are selling, the crew is doing a great job, the place is looking great!
New flooring, knobs on the cabinets, stainless all new appliances, They added a small deck some steps out of the bedroom slider to the back yard, new bathroom (needed new shower and tile work) It will be done this weekend, then cleaning, staging (all free) on the market by next weekend.
So far we have had realtors and buyers see the house, drop by, two buyers that want it. Our realtor wants it listed first, right now here everything is a bidding war. We have water view, Stoney creek, boat landing privileges, good schools. The guy next door told the workers he wanted to buy as is.

This is the before, the flooring looks ok, but it was over 15 years old.
IMG_0759(3).JPG

After
20210325_122529.jpg

For once we are not doing all the work! Then came down to our boat, to break it out of winter hibernation! Next year we need a bigger door, this one was a bit hard to get in and out of.
20210325_133156.jpg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'll take that old flooring in a heartbeat! with the high gloss finish , guess it shows every speck of dirt.
Just spent the last 2 hours trying to help a friend register for vaccine. She has no computer skills other than Facebook and is afraid of doing anything on line! Her husband is on dialysis 3 days a week and the dialysis center has not helped. After I gave her all the websites, got her registered to log in, she decided it was too far to drive. Told her they will drive her but she will need to register her husband separately.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That always happens, Get two offers at once. When I tried to get a ultrasound job, every one I interviewed for said NO you are too educated, (masters level for a job that was HS grad level) you will never stay, etc etc. I got a offer at two different hospitals at once. 39 years later left that job. Loved that job, it paid very well as the field grew. Started way back when nobody knew what ultrasound was about.
So in a way you accepted one, but have not really started which do you really want to work at?
This kind of job is about what I prefer. I’ve not done paint booth before, but it’s good hard work with a set schedule, good chances of being able to go to different departments if needed later, and unless I find that I detest the work or dislike the ones I work with/ or for, I’ll be fine enough. The pay will be good, and that will be good. Unless I absolutely hate the job, I’ll give them at least a year, but if I like it, I’ll stay till either my body gives out or situation changes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's been n the 60's all week, with the exception of today where it was 74. Average high is 42. Maple Sugar makers are worried. For the sap to continue flowing, it needs to freeze often at night. This hasn't been happening. There's 100's of people that produce it in my county. I just placed an order with my favorite place to reserve. some medium amber. I prefer it a little darker than light amber, (fancy) because it has a stronger flavor.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What are those hickory cabinets ?

The new floor is so much warmer! It's nice to see a home going on the market where the builder has a clue and not just go with white cabinet black or white counter and white 8 x 8 tile floor nothing makes me more sick . nicely done @addy1

Last edited:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We installed the cabinets, they are hickory (lowes), the old kitchen was pretty bad . Some if the drawers did not open, we changed the layout of the kitchen. We gave the contractor working on the house free rain, but not to tear out the new kitchen, they did suggest the stainless vs the white which was fine, we used the old appliances which all worked, but very worn. At that time it was a rental not for sale. And we discussed the flooring, which we think looks great. The black pulls make a nice statement also.

We designed it to maximize the kitchen space for cabinets and added the pantry cabinet on the right. Small house minimal storage.
20170112_141608(2).jpg

20210325_122529.jpg

Hubby bought the house as a piece of junk long before he met me. Put down that flooring which lasted for almost 15 years, it had some cracks, chips etc. We kept talking of changing it out, never got around to it. Had carpet in the bedrooms, which are now the new flooring, same floor throughout the house.

We put sliders in the living room and kitchen on the right, nice view of Stoney creek, the contractor did what we never got around to, built a small deck and stairs coming out of the house. We also put a slider in the bedroom, they built some stairs and a small deck there.
Per insurance we had bars across the sliders so nobody could "fall" out About three steps above ground raised house to protect it if the river every flooded. Hubby dropped the wall between the kitchen and living room made the small dark kitchen a nice open space.

Once they are done and it is clean and staged (our realtor does all for free) we are paying the contractor..........not us for once! a little over a hour drive from our house, we would have made many many trips to fix it up and not as nicely. I will post a few of the staged shots, they do a great job. Most of her houses sale in 2-3 days We already have two offers on it not even on the market yet.

Ask a Question