Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This phone fell and cracked the screen across the camera lense, so it’s not a great picture. I’ll do the second box tonight, and have to use some peroxide to dilute it a little in order to get full coverage. One box wasn’t quite enough to reach root to tip, so I didn’t get to my roots at all, and even then, it was applied very lightly.

Attachments

• 907F8A6D-E5EB-43F1-B888-845E3CB5916D.jpeg
    907F8A6D-E5EB-43F1-B888-845E3CB5916D.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 33

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bit the bullet today, pull the lilies out of the 1000 gallon tank, did not groom them last fall. I have four in there, I thought five, need to look for another once the water settles.
Two were roots out of the pots, buy two some feet, two were behaving in their pots. Darn hard to remove, those dirt covered roots are heavy.

Tossed in 300 lbs of oil dry, spread it out on the bottom, best I could moving slow so frogs etc could get out of the way. Turned the lilies loose. The two with massive roots, of course floated, I had to add a few rocks tied to them to make them sink. The two smaller behaved and settled right down.

Already covered with buds coming up, leaves, etc. Will be interesting to see how they do. Free I will not fertilize them, this pond gets dirty water from the big pond. I seldom fertilized them before.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The weather was really nice today, so I was outside quite a bit. Took the pond breather out of the pond and cleaned it.

Also bought F1 2020 tonight since it was on sale. It's a lot of fun.

4-3-2021_8-01-52_PM-pbmbwust.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah... first day to be out in the yard in MONTHS and it was glorious. It's so fun to wander the yard and see what's coming to life. It happens so fast! One moment everything is dead and brown and the next there's new life everywhere!

We just puttered around, turned on the auxiliary waterfall, scooped and raked leaves, moved some flower pots out of storage, patio tables and umbrellas out, got the patio pond ready to fill... just enjoying the day. Saw not one, not two, but THREE giant bullfrogs lounging in and around the pond. Tomorrow is slated to be just as nice. More "work" on the schedule... but who am I kidding? This isn't work... this is living!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Did the second box of bleach, my hair is still a bit brassy. I’ll have to use the second thing of toner to reduce that. Then next week I hope to hide the small flaws with purple and blue.

Attachments

• 0AE16286-4462-4889-AC93-1E750F0DAAF3.jpeg
    0AE16286-4462-4889-AC93-1E750F0DAAF3.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 28

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice hair! I always wanted mine long, it gets to my shoulders. So I tell people my hair can't compete with the nutrients needed to run the brain!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Temps climbing to 65 ish, we, most likely will be inspecting some hives. Need to stay on top of them or they do the swarm!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I restarted the 150 gallon stock tank bog on the pond we shut down. It leaks- bad! Seems like having the tanks up on blocks makes them prone to freezing and cracking. Exact same thing happened with the last tank we had in that spot. Guess I now have another large planter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I restarted the 150 gallon stock tank bog on the pond we shut down. It leaks- bad! Seems like having the tanks up on blocks makes them prone to freezing and cracking. Exact same thing happened with the last tank we had in that spot. Guess I now have another large planter.
isn't it nice when you suddenly realize you get to buy new plants this spring?? ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I did scrambled eggs and biscuits for me and dad. Hubby went to bed when I got up, kids are still asleep. Working on cleaning, need to put the chicks back out on the porch since the freeze threat is over. Next step is to reclean the wash room and sun room, things just get dumped wherever when we are in a hurry, trying to clean another area, or clueless on where else to put it. I also need to clean all the aquarium filters, do partial water changes, and what not. My hands are stiff and swollen from work, and trying to help with the chicken coop we are building didn’t help them yesterday.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
isn't it nice when you suddenly realize you get to buy new plants this spring?? ;)
Have a greenhouse full right now with veggies, milkweed and lotus. Going to take a lot of work to empty the gravel out and relocate tank. I may just put it in the pond and use it to grow bog plants to sell!

Ask a Question