j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Watching it rain while I type and wishing it wasn't so I could get in a dry walk. Looks like it's rain gear and umbrella for today.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm watching my kids perform laptop surgery.
IMG_20240203_145743_01.jpg

The fans were grinding, the monitor would sometimes turn off and refuse to turn on unless you rebooted the whole thing, and it was slow and old. So they're practicing "percussive maintenance". 😁

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a stack of old nappies, might try that method!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Watching movies, cleaning house as it rains all day 1.45inches so far

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Painting room #2 of 3. Redoing den and 2 bedrooms with new paint and flooring. Den done, now need to go get 10 cases of flooring before all the Lowes stores sell out. Tuesday they had 3 pallets. Sold out by yesterday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A and 7B
Country
United States
Painting room #2 of 3. Redoing den and 2 bedrooms with new paint and flooring. Den done, now need to go get 10 cases of flooring before all the Lowes stores sell out. Tuesday they had 3 pallets. Sold out by yesterday.

I have been dealing with the aftermath of a burst radiator pipe in my sunroom. The first two phases are completed: Servicemaster clean up and installation of new baseboard radiant heat.

Now waiting for flooring to resume its pre-flood shape so that it can be refinished.

Meanwhile the furniture and other items from that room are strewn all throughout the downstairs.

Patience is my mantra.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
FIrst vacuuming of the pond, At the bottom of the main pond. The catch basin at the bottom of the negative edge, and again the catch to the cistern. And the upper pond was raked pulling out whatever was weak and came out with the rake including leaves and algae.

Hoped to connect the new bead filter to the main system but amazon screwed me and did not get a 3" ball valve to me so there was no way to fire it up this weekend though i may finish the plumbing tomorrow and cut the ball valve in latter

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Waiting for the big winds to try and get me on my walk today and I will hang on tight to the ground w/my toes :p

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
More plane watching today.

This C-17 was about 10 miles away but I happened to grab a photo between the trees.
IMG_2928 copy.jpg

Cessna Citation
IMG_2930 copy.jpg

I've been trying to get a decent photo of this Beech 99 for a year. Still no luck, but today was the first time I actually got a photo of it. Its got a neat blue and white paint scheme, and I'm hoping one day it'll fly over with the sun highlighting it, and hopefully I'll have my camera on me and be fast enough to capture it.
IMG_2956 copy.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Let's go back a week, this is what has happened in my neck of the woods.

Debating signing for another year at the marina. Talking to hubby about the boats. He said what boats, then recovered the memory of them.

Contarct to sign comes, price increase again, now over 1k a month for the big boat, around 1500k for both, marina fees.

I talked to hubby said let's sell, use the money to go to a nice hotel on the water.

He AGREED shocked me! His confusion is worse, dangerous to have him on a boat.

So Tuesday decide to sale, Wednesday, contact 3 brokers, by Friday pick one. He goes checked out the boat, gives suggestions, #1 empty all stuff, mini house.

Non stop texting, phone calls, etc setting all up. hired a crew to strip clean the boat. And polish etc, after we empty it.

Wednesday, have friend set up to "babysit" dogs and hubby, feeding etc.

Other friend and I head to the boat in her forester, 530am.

11 hours later, one totally packed forester, we head home. Get home 8pm.

Exhausted, all stuff sitting in garage, until I am ready to tackle.

The amount of room left. Just enough for my feet.

20240313_184152.jpg

Ask a Question