j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Let's go back a week, this is what has happened in my neck of the woods.

Debating signing for another year at the marina. Talking to hubby about the boats. He said what boats, then recovered the memory of them.

Contarct to sign comes, price increase again, now over 1k a month for the big boat, around 1500k for both, marina fees.

I talked to hubby said let's sell, use the money to go to a nice hotel on the water.

He AGREED shocked me! His confusion is worse, dangerous to have him on a boat.

So Tuesday decide to sale, Wednesday, contact 3 brokers, by Friday pick one. He goes checked out the boat, gives suggestions, #1 empty all stuff, mini house.

Non stop texting, phone calls, etc setting all up. hired a crew to strip clean the boat. And polish etc, after we empty it.

Wednesday, have friend set up to "babysit" dogs and hubby, feeding etc.

Other friend and I head to the boat in her forester, 530am.

11 hours later, one totally packed forester, we head home. Get home 8pm.

Exhausted, all stuff sitting in garage, until I am ready to tackle.

The amount of room left. Just enough for my feet.

View attachment 162213
Sorry life has taken you guys in this direction. Praying things were different and hoping Mark and you can enjoy the good times you have left having some fun together doing whatever he is able to do. Life sucks sometimes.
Good to hear your fish are fine.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A little more plane spotting. It's been a fun little hobby lately.

Cessna 172
IMG_3071 copy.jpg

Airbus H145
IMG_3116 copy.jpg

Dassault Falcon
IMG_3119 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He AGREED shocked me! His confusion is worse, dangerous to have him on a boat.
sorry to hear that the boat's time has come to an end. I know how much work you did and i'm sure it's not half of what you did do .
But after watching a clients father with the same condition, chasing after a skunk in the back yard saying here kitty kitty. Despite our screams from up on the roof he got more than he bargained for, and my work site stunk for a week.

Point to the story it could have been a fish hubby saw and went for it when you weren't looking.

I know an other couple in the same circumstance their son has a "spot" that they put 's in dad s pocket so if he goes walk about they can pin point him using an app on the phone.

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Some more plane spotting today while I was out by the pond.

KC-135
IMG_3166 copy.jpg

Piper Aztec
IMG_3162 copy (Piper Aztec).jpg

Bombardier CRJ-900
IMG_3177 copy (Bombardier CRJ-900).jpg

IMG_3181 copy.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is not in the walk away problem yet. At this time pure confusion. Simple tasks, ie fill the water bowls, walks 5 steps into the kitchen, and mission gone.

At this time, sleeping excessively, day and night, tends to be "lazy" couch sitter. I hope he does not become a sundowner, awake at night asleep during the day.

Boat concern, everytime he went to get off he could not pick the safe way, ie based on tide level. I always went with him, had to firmly say go this way. Put alarm on the door in case he did go try to get off during the night.

Now just hope they sell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
He is not in the walk away problem yet. At this time pure confusion. Simple tasks, ie fill the water bowls, walks 5 steps into the kitchen, and mission gone.

At this time, sleeping excessively, day and night, tends to be "lazy" couch sitter. I hope he does not become a sundowner, awake at night asleep during the day.

Boat concern, everytime he went to get off he could not pick the safe way, ie based on tide level. I always went with him, had to firmly say go this way. Put alarm on the door in case he did go try to get off during the night.

Now just hope they sell.
It is a difficult decision, but it sounds like the right one to make, before any boat mishaps occur (more than the mishap of you, your arm and the dogs going into the water in .. was it February ... a few years ago? ...)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is a difficult decision, but it sounds like the right one to make, before any boat mishaps occur (more than the mishap of you, your arm and the dogs going into the water in .. was it February ... a few years ago? ...)
Lol March 5th 2022, darn cold water. still a total blank from putting my foot on the boat, to opening eyes under the water. winter coat, pants, shoes still on my feet.

Loved going there, but always on high alert when on the boat. Monitoring his moves, esp getting off the boat.

I did all the pup walking, good exercise lol.

It is time.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

Sorry you're going through this. I have a similar situation in my own family so I know first hand how tough it can be at times. My family member has no more short term memory when it comes to conversation. Lots of repeated thoughts and questions. I always try to respond like it's the first time they've said it. But it's tough.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wearing, I leave notes anytime I go out into the yard, walk, shop. I can tell him seconds later, no clue.

Just learn to deal with the issues.

Darn sad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh @addy1 , I'm very sorry about hubby's increased confusion. I understand your decision to sell the boas, too great a risk. My Dad had a very large boat, he had an " incident" and wisely recognized it was time to sell. Sad, an era over, but many good memories .

I've had sad news, 3 weeks ago my baby sister went in to have her gall bladder removed and they found advanced ovarian cancer :( It has truly knocked the wind from my sails and any creative ideas I had for our yard and garden are on hold for now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Oh @addy1 , I'm very sorry about hubby's increased confusion. I understand your decision to sell the boas, too great a risk. My Dad had a very large boat, he had an " incident" and wisely recognized it was time to sell. Sad, an era over, but many good memories .

I've had sad news, 3 weeks ago my baby sister went in to have her gall bladder removed and they found advanced ovarian cancer :( It has truly knocked the wind from my sails and any creative ideas I had for our yard and garden are on hold for now.
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I know it's very serious; you and your sister will be in my prayers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I know it's very serious; you and your sister will be in my prayers.
Thank you for your prayers. Yes, we're pretty much reeling from the news.......going in for outpatient gall bladder surgery, to aggressive ovarian cancer which has spread. Been reading and the majority of ovarian cancer diagnosis is made when it's fairly advanced, thinking we need to do better.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank you for your prayers. Yes, we're pretty much reeling from the news.......going in for outpatient gall bladder surgery, to aggressive ovarian cancer which has spread. Been reading and the majority of ovarian cancer diagnosis is made when it's fairly advanced, thinking we need to do better.
Your sister and your family will be in my prayers too. So sorry.

Ask a Question