sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Jamie I dry walled and insulated my guest house and even built it .That is the 1 job I wish on no one .I thought all the states had common law marriages .I know if you prove imminent domain it can work also .Had a friend do it when her common law hubby died .That was 6 years ago in NJ ,I know because she used my lawyer up there and was happy that I gave him Johns name .She still lives in the house to this day .He used the bills that she paid for everything including the utilities were in her name .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Dad didn’t fight it on the grounds that none of the rest of her family tried to claim any of it. She had told us how she wanted things to go, and if her elder son in Alabama had tried to make a stink, Dad would have put his claim in. I looked up the laws, Dad might have been able to claim part of it, but Oklahoma stopped recognizing common law marriage that started after early 2000s, I guess they weren’t getting their money from lisencing. Either way, Dad is out 48k to buy this place, with contents. It’ll be worth it in the end I hope!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So Louisiana was a good trip. Saw swamp, lots of deer, hawks, herons, egrets. No gators thankfully! But Lordy, they need to implement an Adopt a highway program, I saw so much trash on the sides of the roads. It was sad. All that plastic is just going to pollute the water ways, kill wildlife, and be a problem for others. I saw many spots where it looks like trash was just dumped. Sad.
Burn ban on in Oklahoma, saw two wildfires, and where a third one had been put out. We need more precipitation!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can't stand people that throw trash out their car windows .Here they use prisoners to pick up the trash .Disgusting pigs out there in this world

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am home! My moms up visiting, trying to start on getting moved out here, so I’ve spent my few hours home talking with her. I’m so tired now I can barely talk, I’ve been up almost 21 hrs. But I’m back!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lucky you @JamieB that can dig into the ground already, I think it'll be at least another month before I can do any work in the yard

For now I've been busy potting my Dahlias and Canna lilies I put in boxes last Fall, every room in my house has pots, it's a great feeling when they start to emerge from the ground ...I love my plants almost as much as my fish! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It’s been weird weather. We didn’t get a lot of freezing temps, which means bugs will be bad. I had to get all the bulbs dig up so I can solerize the soil so I can replant them this fall. If I can clear the weeds, I can be happy. I’ll be able to enjoy the flowers! And maybe I’ll get them figured out as to what’s what.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I transplanted some hibiscus seedlings to larger pots and another trip to the hardware store for more supplies for basement redo. Rain today and 60+ mph winds tomorrow so more basement work this weekend.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Taxes..............my job today and many other days in between construction

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have to take mine yet to my tax guy .I let him do it and for the 25 dollars it is worth it .He does my sons business one for 35 dollars also.

Ask a Question