addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had a few nice days, now back up into the 90's and humid.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorry I haven’t been on much, I’ve been working a lot, and internet at the house was jacked up. Had to wait two weeks for a new modem, didn’t fix the problem, then another week for the tech, he said the phone line was the problem. But we’ve got WiFi back.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
20180712_092519.jpg
018.JPG
Tomatoes in the stock tank are doing well. Didn't feel like breaking out all the canning supplies so oven roasted tomatoes with fresh herbs. House smells like an Italian restaurant
20180712_092519.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice bike ride in pleasant temps. Now have to face the wood chip throwing project and it's up to 78 and climbing. Not looking forward to sweat and dirt!

Eventually if you keep trapping the cats they will be gone, hopefully to a home but if wild that will be iffy. Poor things! All the fault of those dirty neighbors and their crazy living. I would be calling the health dept every day till they do something about the situation. It is unhealthy to live like that and for you to have to smell it. Rodents will be coming soon if not already!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Spectacular thunder storm earlier this morning! Was in the middle of cleaning and refilling hummingbird feeders, so had to wait for the lightening to stop before I could put them out. Was one little hummer that was waiting for me, LOL!

Once the rain stopped, I went outside to check on the turtles. Was examining the plants in the turtle-bog.....and couldn’t find one of the cardinal flower plants! It was just......gone......eaten all the way down to the stems! I have started a thread about it under “aquatic plants.” It has to be a caterpillar, but it’s being very darn selective with its dietary choices!

What’s left......:(
DD735DE9-DAB6-4529-B22B-14796E0AF929.jpeg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have several times and even sent them pics of the trailer they have full of garbage ,caught another 1this grey tabby was at my pond last night with the orange and white 1 .He said they fix them and take them to the dump sights to control the mice and a lady goes and gives them fresh water and a little food just in case not enough mice .They all look healthy so far I see them all the time at the dump
100_4221.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well that's a good idea for the cats. Glad they get to be fixed and then freed!

I threw mulch again today. Oh me oh my this could go on forever! Warm out today again at 83 right now. Sweating bullets!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I spent today rearranging, getting stuff from storage, cleaning them up, and trying to get them put away. Still working on that, it’ll be an ongoing project for when I have time/ energy. Some of the clothes and sheets got mildew, so it’s bugging my allergies. I watered my garden, topped off my grow out tanks, did dishes, and am now resting before I start in on the mess that rearranging made

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hop on bike, then Costco to return sheets and buy other stuff. I thought I would try their on sale Micro Fiber Polyester sheets. Mistake for me. The darn bottom sheet would not stay in place and it felt like sleeping in between plastic. Felt cold and sweaty at the same time. Maybe some like them but not me. Sticking w/cotton. Then come home and throw more wood chips.

@sissy I try to drink water while out there and if hubby thinks I am not drinking enough he brings me more. Somehow I end up w/cuts on my arms and all bloody. Guess when you get older your skin really does get thinner!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Not garden or pond, but I just fell in love! My husband decided to try cooking bacon on the smoker, I put eggs in a cast iron skillet on the smoker, and it’s a delicious method! Bacon has extra smoky flavor, eggs got a good smoke flavor, it’d be even better with some cheese! I, who like plant matter, would also add bell peppers and onions, but this is great!

Attachments

• 9B32451B-2A90-4B1F-B91C-CDAEDD5D5D80.jpeg
    9B32451B-2A90-4B1F-B91C-CDAEDD5D5D80.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 123

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like dan river sheets and towels only brand my mom ever bought .10 minutes to hook up hubbies new shower head .Lucky I had washers they forgot them in the box .Said 4 in box and only 1
100_4249.JPG
100_4247.JPG
100_4246.JPG

Ask a Question