j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You could put them in a plastic kids wading pool to quarantine them for awhile but don't forget to put a net over that pool or anything else cuz koi will jump out of new surroundings and even your pond that is new to them. Keep an eye out cuz they really will do that!

Hapstpats7.gif

Reaction score
I have a extra 300 gallon tub that I could put them in, how long would they need to be in QT?.

Do you think it's needed or should I just put them in the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would quarantine at least 3-4 weeks. You can observe them while they are in there and look for signs of disease. If I were getting fish from someone else's pond, I would quarantine. I wouldn't want anything to happen to the fish you already have.

Reaction score
This forum is great. I was wondering if I should feed my koi some cherrios today and thanks to all the replies, I did. My water temperature is 62 and they were VERY excited to 1. wake up from the cold 2. and have some goodies to nibble on. It's supposed to be in the 70s and low 80s for the rest of this week, so that should increase the temp in the pond...Gosh, I love this weather...I'm still dreaming of a pond boy who would love to jump in and clean it all out for me.
I also have 4 indoor koi that I'm excited about putting them in the outside pond. Depending on the weather, it might be a few more weeks until I actually move them. These four hand feed and are very tame. I just hope they don't get all skittish when they go in with the ones outside, who are not as tame.

Ask a Question