When you are buying a new house and all of the “signs” say,”This is the one!”

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TurtleMommy is my name. Being committed to the health and wellbeing of my box turtles is my game.

We are closing on our new home 10/1!! But until we officially get that key, we are at the mercy of our real estate agent to get permission for us to have various contractors come by the new place to give us estimates on things like tree removal. BTW, the house is vacant. No, this hasn’t been an issue as everything is progressing on time....it’s mostly about the inconvenience factor for coordinating visits with the agent.

So, anyway, on with my story! Last week, while setting up an appointment, Hubby discovered that the current owners have.......wait for it!.....HAVE SOME BOX TURTLES IN A SECLUDED ENCLOSURE IN THE BACK YARD! Hubby made me promise to leave the turtles alone, as the owners will comet back for them. On our 2 most recent visits to the house, I took some banana to feed them (3-toed Eastern box turtles). THEY LOVED THE BANANA.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I say to hell with the realtor and the realtors code you must go trough them to talk to the owner, blow your nose to go on the property ,they just want to make sure you don't blow the sale. Well i'm buying the house jack take a flying leap if I want to get a contractor to look things over out side good luck stopping me your not breaking any laws . Other then possibly trespassing and you know damn well the owner will not be doing that on the people who are buying there house. The last realtor tried that on me and I really pissed her off after she told me the same. I went over and got friendly with the seller then gave her a bs excuse to meet me at the house and when she showed up I was on the front steps with the owner a few beers in. PRICELESS!!!!!!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I say to hell with the realtor and the realtors code you must go trough them to talk to the owner, blow your nose to go on the property ,they just want to make sure you don't blow the sale. Well i'm buying the house jack take a flying leap if I want to get a contractor to look things over out side good luck stopping me your not breaking any laws . Other then possibly trespassing and you know damn well the owner will not be doing that on the people who are buying there house. The last realtor tried that on me and I really pissed her off after she told me the same. I went over and got friendly with the seller then gave her a bs excuse to meet me at the house and when she showed up I was on the front steps with the owner a few beers in. PRICELESS!!!!!!
Excuse me, @GBBUDD, but I don’t appreciate this post. It’s not appropriate and has nothing to do with my thread! I am sorry if your values are different from mine, but we prefer to follow the rules and respect the rights and wishes of the current owners.

Last edited:

Ask a Question