sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok and thank you for getting rid of them ,I just figure the way i look at the page is the way everyone see's it and did not know that the page can be different to every one .So sorry about my frustration on the subject ,but i was lost at what to do .I guess live and learn . :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So sorry to hear Becky is in pain Ian and hope she gets better soon :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys, I've passed on all your best wishes to Becky and she said to give you all a bit thankyou!

I've added some extra measures to see if we can stop the spam posts on the front page, so I'll see if that does the trick. If not, status updates may need to be removed from the front page for a while - but I think the fix should sort it. :)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Get well soon Becky
Sorry sissy i looked all over the that stuff the other day, I never go back to the homepage

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the kind wishes everyone, really means a lot to me :) turns out I've slipped a disc! Been given a lot of painkillers which are helping, but the downside is that they make me feel sick, dizzy and tired. Hopefully back to normal soon though. I'll be checking in from time to time, but if you do spot any spam in the forum or in the status updates please get in tough with one of the mods.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a lot better now! :) Still have problems sitting down for more than 20 minutes or so, but have cut out all the nasty painkillers and back on my feet again. MRI scan booked in for mid-October - should be fun!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
open mri or closed .Gosh hate the closed ones if you can get an open one try it .I don't want to make the closed ones sound bad but .Good luck and glad you are off the pain killers because they can be very addictive .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Neither are that bad, I do prefer open. I have had several and I like the ones they give you earphones to listen to music while they do the scan. Far more relaxing and less nerve racking. Neither are anything to worry about unless you are claustrophobic (sp?) Becky, word of advice, If the Dr. even starts talking surgery, PLEASE get a second opinion. Surgery is all they could do for me, I have had three and two of those took me off my feet for months, the third one I was down for about 7-8 days. There are so many new procedures and things they can try now before electing to do surgery. Also, try and get off the pain killers and go to anti inflammatory (sp?) if possible. Far safer, less addictive, usually better results. Last, USE A GOOD PHYSICAL THERAPIST! LOL The group I had did far more in helping me recover than any Dr. or medications did. Glad to hear your up and moving around a bit. I know it hurts but moving and moving correctly as possible is very important in the recovery process. Good Luck, hopefully it's minor and can be treated without surgery.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
now they have a less invasive back surgery only a 1 inch scar and a friend john was up walkng with no pain after a week .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Agree with fishin, get many opinions before surgery, my late hubby had 4 back surgeries, seemed once he had one he needed more. The final one made scar tissue grow around his nerves, no fix for that, he was in constant pain. The pain meds they gave him (pain clinic) was what ended his life.

I am very claustrophobic, but have been able to handle the closed mri, they do a slightly better picture than the open. I had to have one every year for 10 some years. So if you can handle it get the closed.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had the micro surgery 6 years ago for a herinated disc. 1" incision and home the same day. Of course the next 10 weeks of restricted movement were a pain! Had tried pills, PT etc. Couldn't sit, stand or lie down for more than 10 minutes. Would do the surgery again if I had to. Woke up to no back pain! As long as I behave myself, I am still pain free.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my husbands was open each time, it was before they started doing micro surgeries on backs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm off all the painkillers now :) I don't like taking them, so I was trying to keep it to a bare minimum anyway.

Not sure whether the MRI is open or closed - I think it is open - but I'm fine with either to be honest. It'll just be nice to find out for sure what the problem is! I've been seeing a great physiotherapist - she's a sports physio and used to be a professional rower. I think she is also the physio for a number of Olympic and Paralympic athletes and she certainly seems to know her stuff so I feel like I'm in good hands.

I'd hate to have to have surgery... I think that would really be the last resort. It depends on how many 'episodes' I get (ie periods where something twinges and I'm bed-bound again). Hopefully if I'm careful then it won't be too much of a problem. What worries me now is the problems I could have during pregnancy (not that I am at the moment, but I'm 28 and thinking about kids within the next couple of years). We'll just see I guess!

Ask a Question