Where to get rock

Reaction score
Hi all!
Just found this forum and am new to garden ponds and would like to gets some ideas.
I live in louisiana and would like to ask where does everyone get there rocks for doing these wonderful landscapes. We don't have alot of rock here and buying landscape rock is so expensive. Any advice for the cheapskate in me?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Drive find pick up.............find farmers that have it stacked and don't want.

flowerwelcomeWHT.gif

They like you to post an intro in the introduction section so we know a little about you, but welcome anyways.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi all!
Just found this forum and am new to garden ponds and would like to gets some ideas.
I live in louisiana and would like to ask where does everyone get there rocks for doing these wonderful landscapes. We don't have alot of rock here and buying landscape rock is so expensive. Any advice for the cheapskate in me?
what part of Louisiana? I'm in Hammond and if your near hear I can give you a couple of good places to buy Rock, Jim Stones in Baton Rouge, and Stepping Stones near Pumpkin Center. Stepping stones also carries pond supplies and nice koi and some goldfish. Another good place in Baton Rouge for pond supplies,fish and aquatic plants is Harbs. Their rock prices are kind of high but they do have a great selection of any other needed ponds supplies and livestock at reasonable prices.
Not much down here to get rocks from really cheap, we brought back three loads from North Ga. and N.Carolina, third load ended up costing more than I would have spent if I had just bought them, two flats on the trailer, a set of brakes for the truck as I burnt them up coming down out of the mountains trying to keep 3 tons of rock from from coming down the mountains too fast, two nights in hotels while we got brakes and trailer fixed. got some nice rocks but now, I just buy the ones I need.

Ask a Question