WHISKEYS NEW POND PROJECT

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
OK FOLKS ...IM BACK........AND MY NAME NOT ARNIE

HAD A FABULOUS TIME FISHING NOW ITS TIME TO FINISH PROJECT BEFORE THE SPIDERS GET ANY BIGGER

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you had fun now press on ...............geez it's gonna be winter before ya know it and then you'll be saying it's too cold to work out there again!

whiskey

Reaction score
OK IM NOT BEST PLEASED WITH THIS RUBBER PAINT.

1] IT GOES WHITE IN PLACES AND EVEN AFTER SIX COATS I STILL GET SEEPAGE THROUGH WALL............................SEE PHOTO

SO MADE UP MY MIND TO LINER EVERY THING, FED UP WITH MANUFACTORS SAYING THIS AND THE PRODUCT FAILING TO DO WHAT IT STATES ON THE LABEL.

YES ..AS YOU CAN TELL IM UP TIGHT BUT WILL OVER COME THE EXTRA PROBLEMS THIS HAS NOW CAUSED
1] GOT TO PURCHASE 4 TANK CONNECTORS WITH RINGS[LIKE B/DRAINS] TO SEAL LILLY CHAMBERS, NOW THAT IM HAVING TO USE LINER ALL OVER.

SO ANY OF YOU THINKING OF USING THIS TYPE OF PRODUCT.........I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST.

Attachments

• DSC01217.JPG
    DSC01217.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 208

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Dog gone it that's no good! Are you gonna contact the manufacturer to complain and let them know what happened? So now you have to spend extra money when you shouldn't have had to on a liner for the whole thing. Darn that is a shame!

whiskey

Reaction score
Hi

Started to seal water coarse with butyl off cuts, so when i get to lay pond liner it should be easier to get a seal knowing blockwork is already watertight.

Put up the first couple of celotex sheets on wall to get things moving,,,spent too much time and money on shoddy goods.

Latest from suppier should of rendered walls before painting......so why? ...on the label.....does it say .....CAN BE PAINTED DIRECTLY ONTO BRICKWORK.
guess what .....deadly silence..... err...err errmm...prehaps you never pointed it correctly..........i said ...oh come on, the blocks were laid flat ...thats 9" of mortar between courses....
silence followed by silence...............................hung up.

Attachments

• DSC01219.JPG
    DSC01219.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC01220.JPG
    DSC01220.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC01221.JPG
    DSC01221.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 177

Julia

My pond w/ tong,buyog,snow,skai,bubbles&ela
Reaction score
Happy digging! Thought catfishes are muddy and murky and slimy too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Whiskey, can I ask why you are lining the pond with Celotex? That's an insulation board, right? What is the purpose if you are going to line it with a rubber liner? Just curious, always what to know "why". :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

whiskey

Reaction score
COUNTRY

Why not!

:LOL: :LOL:

OK i used celotex on last pond, although 10mm sounds small it does keep the water slightly warmer during the cold months, because it like a thermal break that you get in double glazing, it breaks outside temp to inner temp, thus helping to control temp during winter months plus if not this year, next year will be fitting water heater [3kw] to control temp at 10 to 12 c.
But on the base will lay maybe three sheets with decreasing steps towards centre where bottom drain is, as the ground temp stays colder longer.
Right side now covered with celotex and got four 2" tank connectors to modify lilly bays so i can put a liner inand keep drainage in bays.

Attachments

• DSC01228.JPG
    DSC01228.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC01227.JPG
    DSC01227.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 208

whiskey

Reaction score
Well managed to finish side walls today ,having to stop several times due to heavy down pours, some of the rain drops were like mini puddles, if they had been ice they whould of hurt.

Fitted the tank connectors just need to concrete to lip, then its liner time for lilly bays.

Start top pond lining with celotex tomorrow, heavens allowing.

Attachments

• DSC01235.JPG
    DSC01235.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC01237.JPG
    DSC01237.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 219

whiskey

Reaction score
Well between the showers, manage to celotex top pond with old celotex taken from old lower pond, so far this insulation on new build, hasnt cost me a penny[cent] even the new stuff was off-cuts from someone i know in the trade.

Made a little basket out of two old plant basket which will act as a guard to stop goldfish travelling over water fall, may fill it with watercrest and gravel, as flowing water.

Just got a little concreting to do on top pond then this section will be ready for lining.

Tomorrow got bulk bag of rendering sand plus bulk bag of ballast plus more cement a coming, the finishing line is getting closer.....plus ordered the glass window for pond tonight..[.about two weeks]

whiskey

Attachments

• DSC01241.JPG
    DSC01241.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC01240.JPG
    DSC01240.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 213

Ask a Question