j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh neat the window is coming, the window is coming! Liner going in soon and then water.........yippee, when will the fish be in there? Wanna see then through that window................cool enough!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
about time! not that we are impatient or anything...............

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
you can all wait awhile longer im sure, dry day forecast for tomorrow, so hope to get things done, for once.
Concrete top pond plus both bays then if time allowes put liner in wheel bay.............................then its down tools for 6-8 days of more rain.

BLAME THE O ZONE LAYER OR THE WORLD LEADERS FOR DOING NOWT..... AS USUAL

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are predicting rain for the next week or so, may or may not make it. We are still behind but catching up to "normal"

Hope you get some dry whiskey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My daughter, in UT, said it has been raining for 2 days there, and her weather typically marches east toward me, so I'm sure hoping for a couple or few days of steady rain. We sure could use it! We have it in our weather forecast 30/40/30% for Fri-Sun. That's better than the 0-10% I've been seeing for wayyyy too long! If we get it here, I would guess it will push farther east for my eastern coast ponder friends. :) Maybe miss me and get to you, too! UGH, hope that doesn't happen ... again!

whiskey

Reaction score
Had one dry day today, got top pond finally finished ready for liner etc apart for small area to be cemented tomorrow.

Finished off pouring concrete into hollow block for window extra support.

Finished the day by battening wall ready for rending.

Attachments

• DSC01244.JPG
    DSC01244.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC01243.JPG
    DSC01243.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC01245.JPG
    DSC01245.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 171

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just can't get over all the detail involved in your build whiskey! No wonder I have to wait so long to see this finished! Did you think it would take this long when you first started and would you do it again?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
looking good... anticipation gettin' to ya yet? i havent peeked at this thread for a while. seems every time i did your weather had you on pause again. good luck with the rest of the build.

whiskey

Reaction score
Hi koiguy

Yep darn weather never known so much rain...i guess once i get liners in ......it will stop.....sods law, but out on build as much as possible, now the finishing post is in sight.

Must admit its starting to look better than first thought, got bog down with rubber paint issues, but thats all behind me now...sticking with rubber liners instead.

Window glass on order....about two to three weeks, so plenty of time to get rest of build completed.

whiskey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It's looking so fantastic, and I agree with JW, such detail goes into your work. I would never have known so much detail and steps went into this type of build. I'm thrilled you have shared it all with us! Can't wait to see water and fish through that window!

whiskey

Reaction score
Had a try at rendering today....ha ha more on the ground than on wall to start with, but managed to get one section done, it wont be perfect ...not my trade...more rustic and weathered [ha ha]
The colour goes darker as it dries [see photos]

Attachments

• DSC01249.JPG
    DSC01249.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC01250.JPG
    DSC01250.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 180
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hmm ... are you going to cover up all your hard work, Whiskey? I like the looks of the blocks you laid, you did such a nifty job and it was so neat and trim. Why would you cover it up?

whiskey

Reaction score
Hi country

Because i wish to plend in with shed and my top cappings which i saved will set it off nice..watch this space :biggrin:

Today put up two plaques on wall, using block to set height, then started on liner for water wheel bay, will finish it off tomorrow as a completely dry day forecast. :banana:

Attachments

• DSC01254.JPG
    DSC01254.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC01255.JPG
    DSC01255.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC01253.JPG
    DSC01253.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC01256.JPG
    DSC01256.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 172
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, I guess you can cover your work. :) I really like those plaques! They will set off the walls when you're finished doing whatever it is you are going to do to them .... Just keep working and thank goodness for another dry day for you, so we will see more progress tomorrow. Hooray!

Ask a Question