j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good on the last brick but bummer on the sealer! Is this paint sealer a tried and true pond sealer that will for sure work eventually or is this just a test to see if it will work? If it doesn't then where do you go?

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
Sleeping on it, got to thinking, this was my fault, should of put a render coat to smooth the surface first, then apply sealant........and then apply rubber coating.

as waterbug might say ...my balls up.

Its all a learning curve, but i will sort it out and get back to you all ,my findings,but feel this was down to me not the rubber paint, as blocks are pourous and were not pre sealed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm so excited to see the progress, and almost finish on your pond! I think you said your backup plan was to use rubber liner if the sealer didn't work, so all is not lost, just not as smooth as you would like. I hope you get the sealer to work eventually! And, can't wait to be looking through your viewing window!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Tmann

Hi answer is no, split into two seperate runs......except four rungs these do flow into water wheel bay via water shoot.

Any idea of how many batteries i would need to power my pond pumps, thinking of powering wheel, looking around at cogs large and small to save money on electric :lamp5: [dont want to end up with "waterbug" big bang .........fizz :nananananana: private joke ]
Maybe you could build a small nuclear device to supply power!?
John

whiskey

Reaction score
YES HARO.[JOHN]........ BUT BEING BRITISH ...........YOU MIGHT TELL ME WHERE TO PUT IT ....................BUT I COULDNT POSSIBLY COMMENT

[NOW PICK YOURSELF UP ]

:highfive:

:zap: :banana: :zap:

whiskey

Reaction score
On closer inspection of water wheel bay found some deep ruts in cement morter, so i have filled these in , now awaiting rain to stop, before commence again, lesson learned here, never believe what said on the label, maybe on a smooth flat surface it would do as label states.
Once weather allow me to recoat , will apply another three coats leaving 24 hours in between coats, this should solve blocks weeping, only time will tell.
This build taking longer than one thought, due to british weather, never known so much wet weather for this time of year[summer] away in two week on holiday, best pack my wellies and umbrellar.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You'll figure it out so it will work somehow whiskey and hey you don't have a corner on the lousy wet weather............we have our share of what you call British weather matey! Enjoy your holiday!

whiskey

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

Just purchased a great deal on ebay
12mt x 8 mt firestone rubber liner £200 plus a roll of underlay£60.
enough to do both top and main ponds

Rubber paint now holding water after another two coats, so thats good news, but always wanted to liner main pond ..now i can do both from one liner [ 8x7 8x5 ].
order window glass once back off hols

whiskey

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJEUE+R4dp!VOBP06MSiKH!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJEUE+R4dp!VOBP06MSiKH!~~60_12.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 172

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very cool whiskey.................ya got it installed yet.......................
impatient.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is slowly getting there (a lot faster than I would have with all that block work) patience jw patience..............

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic, you get your pond done and you can fill it with water! Now get going.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Kinda weird to lift the ban right before summer but then hey it's not my country! So what are you waiting for whiskey, stop typing and get busy............we're not getting any younger here ya know :boldblue:

whiskey

Reaction score
Guess you will all have to wait now....fishing gear, packed suitcase, laddie in kennels, car full of fuel and from the vince, koilady and whiskey it holiday time.

BACK WHEN WE RE BACK HA HA

Ask a Question