Wild fish found in Koi Pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here you go Country: http://www.driftingstreet.com/car-drifting-explained.html

I'm sure you probably drifted once or twice in your lifetime. Just maybe not intentionally!

We never drifted on dry ground but boy did we practice drifting when the snow was on the ground!

Unfortunately our high school parking lot, while really big, had these tall parking lot lights on concrete bases about every 100 feet. Usually we missed them.....

Craig

Reaction score
Yup, that link shows drifting LOL. I think when some of us learned to drift, it was in the same YOUNG time frame of blowing donuts. The truth be known, being IN CONTROL while drifting takes skill, and it really does make for better drivers. My hubby is a big kid at heart, doubt much is gonna change that. He will drift on dirt (in the pit where it is safe to do it), but mostly in the snow with the 10 wheeler (I complain when he does it in the rain with my Expedition LOL)... All playing aside, in a big truck (ours is reg'd at 56,000 gvw) it is a huge advantage when plowing. Ask any town who hires on private contractors in the winter WHICH drivers they NEVER have to send an excavator to pull out during the nasty storms, and I'll bet you most of these drivers know how to drift. Just because trucks are big and heavy doesnt always mean they have better traction then those of us in cars at all times in snow. Sometimes, yes, but not always. Most of us are not going to hop into a big plow truck, but the same principles help the every day normal driver too. If you have ever "slid" (unintentionally) and you start to feel the ass end go out from behind you, as if you are going to spin out, drifting is keeping the ass out there, intentionally, and IN CONTROL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, thanks for the link, Craig. I figured it was something like that! I had the pleasure of being in driver's ed, the instructor purposely had us "drifting" on fresh snow around a curve in a parking lot, he had control of the gas, we were not allowed to use brake, only could steer. Was very educational. Like you said, it takes skill to keep the car under control. That was the object of the lesson. If you start swerving, steer, don't touch gas or brake. Wish I would have thought of that last winter when I slid on the ice, going maybe 5 mph, and couldn't stop the slide into a semi trailer that had slid to the shoulder.
This is my car snugged up against the semi trailer. The only damage was the side view mirror ....
Charger up against trailer, rear view mirror caught underneath - Copy.JPG
until this drunk jerk played pinball with my car, the semi trailer, and two other vehicles before coming to rest UNDER the trailer! Broke out his back glass, and he was still revving his engine so wildly there was smoke rolling around his car ...and I was still in my car, too! Talk about scared!
Side view without license plate of Camaro.JPG

Reaction score
OMG ce wow!! I've never been in a major wreck like that, I'd be scared to death too!!
Toby is potty trained to go outside, if he has to go he let's us know lol. Honk honk honk honk lolol. Real fast. You learn real quick what all of his snorts and honks means :D
Oh yeah!! My son will not be driving my car EVER again! He also will not be driving his car until mine is fixed!

ce the plant auction is here in Evansville, I think on the north side of town. I'll have to see if I can find out more info and let ya know. I hope it's a good one. Let me go chase my Kidos off the computer and ill post some pictures.....

Reaction score
I love driving around in the snow looking at the scenery! Snow wont keep me home, BUT some of the folks on the road DO scare me. They forget to drive according to the road condition, or are brake happy:(

Reaction score
Up until a few years ago, hubby plowed for one of the local towns as a private contractor, which related to me being home alone with three babies. That in case of emergency thing really bothered me, so I learned how to drive in it, no matter how bad it is. If the trucks are able to be out there plowing, it doesnt matter how much we get slammed with, I can get out. (Keep in mind any time a storm is due, the 277 Cat gets parked next to the house, I dont shovel LOL.)

Reaction score
OK!! Are you ready for the Tobman!? lol hes so dang cute!

This is when we first got him, about six weeks of age or so...
IMG_3706.JPG
IMG_3742.PNG

Here he is playing in the dirt he dug up with his nose....
004.JPG
005.JPG

Here he is sleeping on a pillow... Pig is rotten! lol
006.JPG

and here is his Halloween Costume :LOL: Gotta love a pig in a costume! Hah!!
013.JPG

I'm making him a winter coat ( it's a lion LOL! ) out of a toddler Halloween costume, I'll post pictures when i'm done with it lol :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Drifting is a good learning tool. My Dad took me out when it was snowing and made me slide the car and do some doughnuts. I definitely think it's helped me be a better driver. Over the years of driving I've had a few near misses and I think it's help.

Interesting you mention about the heavy trucks being able to get stuck. People forget ice is ice. Had one night while on duty night at the fire house where it had rained and then it stopped, but was followed immediately by a cold front. Temps dropped about 10 degrees in 20-30 minutes to 30F( -1c). All the bridges formed black ice and we had about 15 auto accidents to respond to that came in a 15 min span. Being in the station I went out on the first one not entirely realizing the situation myself yet, but I did almost as soon as we hit the street. I got to the accident and when I got the to crest of the bridge (creeping along at about 5-10mph), i saw the accident. We always stop the engine a good 20-30 yrds away. But being on the slight incline, with the black ice, that engine just keep sliding and sliding, and sliding down towards the accident scene. I really thought my engine was going to slide into the 5-6 cars piled up. Somehow, someway, it stopped about 3ft from the first car. The engines are about 22K VW with an additonal 8000 lbs of water on them. The weight didn't matter, I was sliding better than a speed skater!

Craig

Reaction score
OMG Toby is soooo cute! We wanted to get one years ago, but time for another pet was an issue. Time still isnt the best for another pet. Maybe someday.

A Bobcat is a nice machine for a homeowner. I still miss the old 763 Bobcat we had. If we were looking for a machine for home use, the old 743 Bobcats were really nice (had one of those too). Hubby wanted a track machine, just more practical to his needs. The 277 Cat is 10x the machine, but not what a homeowner wants to pay to maintain. Ours works for a living, so maintenance is high, but we are in the neighborhood of $8,000-10,000 per year.

Reaction score
These are a few of the plants I got at that 75% off sale. The Irises I got for 2$ pcs. got all they had of those!

This Mojito elephant ear looks like it's going to bloom.... It's fragrant anyway, you see it on the left there?
IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 259
Reaction score
Weight is both your friend and your enemy, but that "friend" can turn on you in a hurry. As you know, when all that weight starts sliding on ice, good luck stopping it! Hubby has only gotten stuck once (in more than 20 yrs of plowing professionally), and that was with the old 6 wheeler. I think that was reg'd at 26,000 gvw (verses the 10 wheeler is at 56,000 gvw). In 2005, we got slammed with a record 37"... our area was crippled for about a week (remained in a state of emergency). The town started with 75 trucks, and when hubby BROKE, he was one of SIX still on the road (about 18 hours into plowing). The snow was sooo wet and heavy, he literally tore the plow off the frame. He spent most of that storm driving sideways (drifting), pushing snow with the windshield. When he broke/got stuck, they called the remaining five drivers in. It was a big joke for a long time, that hubby actually got stuck.

Ask a Question