Wild fish found in Koi Pond

Reaction score
Missed your post with all of the plants! LOVE them!!! Cant wait til we can get the big pond in, so the bog can be a bog, and not a comet/shubunkin pond.

We only get 12-18 months out of a set of tracks (depends what he has been doing). Those alone are $6500 per set. Dont know what they cost to install, as he can do that himself... a days project for 2 men...

Reaction score
The Palm i got for 9$...

IMG_0112.JPG

and a yellow canna
IMG_0113.JPG

This is a "bird of paradise" canna can't wait to see its blooms!

IMG_0114.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Cape, my parents both were born and raised in Wisconsin, so it was my father's goal to make sure all 6 of us kids knew how to drive on the snow and ice. Once we had ice covered roads, I lived with my parents, about 4 blocks from the office. My dad literally pushed my little car up to the middle of the road. Didn't seem to be sloped at all until it was covered in ice. He told me to keep moving, no fast turns, just crawl all the way to the office. I was the only car on the road, and made it. There were only 2 of us that made it to the office, out of 10! I have a wide front end utility tractor with a loader. If I get too much snow, I use it to push the driveway and lane to the barn. I have a 4WD truck for bad weather. My Charger NEVER goes out when the weather is even possibly to get bad. That ice storm this past January caught me by surprise. A 15 minute drive on the interstate took 45 minutes, and the accident was on the exit ramp. Took another 4 hours to get home, after waiting 2 hours for the State police, then another 2 hours for his report. But, by the time I was heading home, the County had rocked the highway I had to take to get home. :)
Craig, I totally understand your feeling of sliding and sliding and no control of the slide! I learned on previous vehicles that when I would slide, if I shifted into neutral, the engine quit trying to "push" and the slide usually stopped. I didn't think of that in my sliding accident, though. It was VERY slow motion, less than 5 mph, going sideways, I had time to say, "Oh no oh no oh no ..... NOOOOOO" LOL And it started a mere 15' from the trailer, so that was a really slow motion slide.
Fishy, your Toby is adorable! I always thought they were so cute, but had not seen a pot belly for many years. He looks very spoiled and loved!
The Mojito I think I got 2 of is either too small to show the color, or that was one of the ones that did not live. I got 3 different colors. Hi/Lo was one (green and white) and I don't remember the other color at the moment. I have 4 that survived, so will see how they do next year. Have them inside, so I guess they can continue to grow through the winter inside.
I have the Caesar's Brother Siberian iris. I just got it last year, and separated it this spring. They really multiply fast and bloom beautifully! Those day lilies will be great, too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Fishy, your palm is really nice!!! Very full and beautiful. My palm is called a "Spindle Palm". I put it in my bedroom, cut off all the outside leaves, as they had been whipped so much in the wind, they were really damaged. I left only 3 palms on it, and one new one ready to open. Hoping now it can grow in peace through the winter. I have a south window in my bedroom. I also put house plants in the base of the pot, so it has lots of color.

Reaction score
That's a good idea ce. Wish I had the room for all the tropicals in my bedroom, but we current share our room with a pig!! Lol. Toby is very spoiled! The little stinker! He is currently going thru his " teen age years " from what I read, hard headed little turd. :)
No I really have become attached to him. He's my little Piggert!! Every morning he helps me check on the fish and sits next to me while I clean the bottom or feed them. Today I started cleaning up the tropicals, I guess I move them in and out till the next freeze, the first freeze wasn't real hard and only got a few leaves on a couple plants.
Tomorrow! I start plumbing my Bog!! :D I'm excited lol and will take lots of pics!!

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Humm I don't see or think it is a koi could be a cross breed.
? Do others have ponds in the area at this camp sight, where maybe they added to your pond
or
? where do you get your water from when filling the pond if it is river or lake fed eggs couln have came from there.

Nice babies though I think as they grow they will be very pretty.

Ruben M.

Ask a Question