Will Yellow bellied sliders survive in Middle East outdoor pond

Reaction score
Country
Oman
Hi all? I have two adult yellow bellied sliders and would like to create an outdoor pond for them. As I am located in Muscat, Oman, I am worried that the heat will be too extreme for them.

Can anyone confirm whether they should be OK. I intend to create the pond in a shaded area below some light tree coverage.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1648767539511.gif
@JSwanepoel
I'll hope someone who has turtle's will help you on this question soon as I have no idea, sorry.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Curious, how long have you had them, and where did they come from in the first place? And, how have they been housed and cared for up until this point?

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I would never dare to get in the way of TurtleMommy on this topic, so listen to her first and foremost, but I think if you dig the pond fairly deep it would help keep the water cooler in the heat, and that might be enough to keep them cool throughought the summer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi all? I have two adult yellow bellied sliders and would like to create an outdoor pond for them. As I am located in Muscat, Oman, I am worried that the heat will be too extreme for them.

Can anyone confirm whether they should be OK. I intend to create the pond in a shaded area below some light tree coverage.
are similar turtles native to your area or are tortices more the breed you see?

Ask a Question