WOW, i am finally done - kinda. but good

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
I feel AWESOME.. i basically finished the pond!! I mean, its ALMOST done. I still have to add and grow lots of plants and add fish.. but the overall BUILDING and desinging is DONE!

Here are the most recent pics.. All i need is a few more rocks to build up both sides of the waterfall (ran out!) and add more dense plants/ground cover..

What do you think?
pond_019.jpg

pond_017.jpg

I know, not the best pictures.. my husband was too lazy to go inside and change his lens so he could get a further distance focal point.. Im a little disappointed in the pics.. If you want more, just look out tomorrow. I am FORCING him to take one before we leave the house

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
Not entirely sure what you mean by "box" but we have a powerful pump and the pump that is in the pond has one of those "pondless waterfall" kits. Inside of that cage we have bags of ceramics and media. Then in the top half of the fall (it's a large box) we have lots and lots of biological media and mechancal media.

There is also a split off of the pump output and that tube has a bag of biogical media and then some floss and then pantyhose over the end to keep it all in place.

Will pot more pictures in 20minutes

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
oky doky, thats what i meant, you should be o.k... my pond is just over 1000 gals, and my filter is 70 gals in itself. once again.. your pond looks very nice.

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
Thanks.. The one thing with ponds that I do have a decent grasp is the chemistry and filtration basics as far as bio, waterflow, and medias. We have 5 fishtanks in our house.. We keep discus, and chiclids as well as some dwarf puffers (my favs)

The funny thing about the pond.. It looks a LOT better in person than in the picture.. its weird. At first I thought it was just me, thinking i just liked to stare at it.. but I have been showing pictures to my mom throughout the whole process.. when I showed her the pictures, she thought it was pretty.. when she came over today to see it.. she was FLOORED> She even said (without me saying anything about my opinion) that it just looks better in person..

I have more pics. I am going to post them in 5 minutes.

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
when we have more money.. we are going to build a nice WOODEN front porch.. but for now, we have the ugly one.. so we will fill the sides with some vines that we planted in the waterfall.

Reaction score
looks very nice! but are you not worried about moisture build up from the pond against your house like that? did you put up any type of barrier to keep moisture out?

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
We used a spray on clear waterproofing on the inside and out. You can't see it and it doesn't change the color of the foundation, but it's there. It was a co concern, as well as the though "what if the pond leaks" but the house is on a downward slope because our ground is naturall wet (we live ON a swamp) and it's waterproofed. I'm not worried.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Nice pond!
A wooden trellace on the concrete staircase would allow some climbing vines to help hide the bare wall.

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
well, the pond is 4 feet deep, and the wall is only about 2 feet deep, so MOST of it is above ground, but the deepest part of the pond goes below ground.. This also helps with any possible moisture if the pond leaks. The water will not just sit against the house/

Andhaving it above ground makes it easier to look at the fish. You kind of just feel closer to the pond, so it still has a natural look but its above ground.

Ask a Question