j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No indoor pond for me..........would lose the nice fresh refills of rainwater and enjoy the outdoors too much for that! The thing is that when it does get nice here we all appreciate it so much and don't take it for granted. Love sitting on my covered front deck which overlooks the pond in rain or shine!

Reaction score
I finally broke down and tried to fire up my glass bead filter which has an in-line UV light.

Well, the pump started off well and got water up to the waterfall container, performed for about 3 minutes then stopped pumping.

I shut off the pump, waited 10 seconds, started up again and it worked, then failed after 5 minutes.

Is my pump failing? The pump is an Emerson EB66, Model K63CXESC4790.

Motor is a 1081 pool motor, 11 amps at 110 V. This high power consumption is why I tried to avoid turning on the waterfall in the first place.

Now that I may need to repair/replace the pool pump I wonder if anyone knows what would be a good alternative?

The vertical rise from the pump intake at the bottom most point of the pond to the top of the waterfall is about 10 feet and the horizontal distances are about 30 feet.

AT this point I don't mind getting a lower power pump if it can be attached to my 2" PVC piping that leads to the glass bead filter and UV light.

Any suggestions are welcome. I will get more parrot's feather -- which I find quite attractive as ground cover -- and stick them in the big bog I have.

Harry

Reaction score
Problem solved for now. I discovered that the pump worked fine but I forgot to replace the drain plug in the pump filter which caused the pump to function for a few minutes then stop. It now works fine.

I would like any suggestions for a more energy efficient pump that can send water from 2 feet below grade to about 8 feet above grade and traverse about 30 feet horizontally. I am going to have to use this filter and pump because that is where the UV light is and I have not yet found a natural way to get clear water.

I know a few people have previously suggested various Laguna and other pumps and I will have to go back and do the research.

harry

Ask a Question