6 / 5 / 2011...pond update!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
WELL, either i'm getting lazier or the sudden heat wave effected my...but finally got the boys outside. still a bit to do and the plants have to take off, but all in all coming along..you guys in the south have it made...your 3 months into the pond season and i'm just getting going, now!...i know the planter ring nedds to be sealed better so dont bother harping on me about it...lol
[ame]

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pond looks good fish look great! Surprising how far behind you are up there,! Our lily's look huge compared and my iris's bloomed over a month ago. Thanks for posting the video, cool to see!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yeah, its comin along...but the waterfalls flow is a bit light due to the prefilter needing to be cleaned...i've been stirring up the sediment so it can be sucked up. not a whole lot left of what was left from last year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful fish, KoiGuy. And, at this point I'm dreaming of clear water, but it will come in time. Oyster shells will be added in a bag tomorrow under the water falling from filter, and also get parts to attach the weir as well, and have a "real" waterfall!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
...10 days into the outdoor season...water is immaculate. 3 spawns have taken place. wont be doing much with fry care this year. wasnt ready. fish went outdoors last Sunday..first spawn was that very Sunday night / Monday morning. thru away spawn mops to make new ones this year..wasnt expect the spawning to start so suddenly and fast. i once again pumped the water from my basement wintering pond back to the outdoor pond. at 30" deep you can read the newspaper.
[ame]

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
crushed oyster shells stabilize or "lock in" ph...ph swings can be quite dangerous to fish, even deadly. a stable higher or lower ph is better than one that cant find a stable reading.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It all looks very nice and clear, fish look happy to be living the outdoor life :lol:

Ask a Question