Advise on how to cover the liner

Reaction score
Question: where the liner comes out and on the ground I will cover with large rock and mulch. However where you see the red markings any suggestion on how to cover the black liner? Somewhere I read rock -on- a- roll
Has anyone use it? If you have any thoughts, or any other idea, will be appreciate. Hoping to have this pond finish my next-week.

koipond_filled_1.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used and do like it, rock on a roll, I just covered my skimmer, have the before pictures but not the after. I could get the after shots tomorrow. I don't just put the ror down I also use real rocks, etc to make it look nice.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
I have used and do like it, rock on a roll, I just covered my skimmer, have the before pictures but not the after. I could get the after shots tomorrow. I don't just put the ror down I also use real rocks, etc to make it look nice.
Boy ,you have some great stress revieving rocks in the bottom of your pond ! Would thin flag stone work?

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
I found that the liner that was exposed but in the water eventually was covered by algea. The good kind of course. The liner above water level I tried the cover with rocks but what could be seen, I didn't much have a concern about. Can you pull liner out and cut to make it more vertical rather than slopped?
A couple pix showing rocks covering liner. Hope this helps?

Attachments

• IMG_20120804_180213.jpg
    IMG_20120804_180213.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20120527_175310.jpg
    IMG_20120527_175310.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 199

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Boy ,you have some great stress revieving rocks in the bottom of your pond ! Would thin flag stone work?
lol no rocks in the pond unless they have fallen in.
I have used ror for vertical surfaces where it is almost impossible to attach rocks, Only used out of the water.

I was thinking that liner he had in red would be out of water, guess brain was not on last night, if under water just leave it bare. Agree with kougs it will get covered with some algae and look just fine.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
http://www.gardenpon...um/266-my-pond/

I would do rock sidewalls, while keeping bottom bare, such as this member has done.

Hope this is ok to use jbjabber?

The left sidewall is higher then the right by the photo. Maybe that's just camera angle? You will have lots of liner showing with the pond full with water level. To me your only options are real rocks and or redesign. Unless you like black liner showing above water, I don't.

Rock on a roll looks interesting. Have not seen it up here in Canada.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My stream I have a lot of rock side walls, from the bottom of the small stream ponds up and out into the dirt. The only way to hide the dirt walls from digging into the slope. The big pond has rocks on the upslope side, from abut 3-4 inches under water to 4 feet out of the water. hides that edge really nicely.

If you do rock side walls make sure you dig in steps to set the rocks on top of each other and into the dirt.

Ask a Question