Aghhhhh not again !!!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
went out to the pond first thing this morning ...only to smell that dreaded smell of fish spawning ... comets are at it again !! i so dont need anymore babies ...and i had taken my spawning mops out, so they have wrecked the plants !! anyone else still have spawnings going on ?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
horny little suckers arent they? my goldies are still at it atleast 1 day a week too...( i kinow because of the smell and all the litte beer bottles and condoms floating in the pond....lol) i took out anything that would give them a safer spawning grounds.

Reaction score
Goes on all the time in my pond and building a shallow rock ledge didn't help in that the babies survive.

Attachments

• looking for food.jpg
    looking for food.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 293
Reaction score
That is a Laguna Max-Flo 2900, Probably the only pump I would purchase as a submersible. 130 watts. The 4200 is only 160 watts. It only looks large due to the cage it sets in.

Reaction score
Yes and I assume that the clay pot is ok? The reason I have it raised is in case of a mishap my pond can never empty lower than about 11 inches.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I use a knock off version sold my Harbor Freight. I just measured the power consumption and it is 228 watts.

Reaction score
That's not too bad Drdave, what is bad is some of the 1400-1500 watt 1/4-1/2 HP pond sump pumps sold by Lowes or home depot that ponders are purchasing.

Reaction score
I feel for you stroppy i still have a few to get rid of. I'd like to keep 1 though cause they are a pretty fish

Reaction score
I am still wondering what I'm going to do with them all, stroppy if you ever come up with a solution let us know. The only up side is that your pond environment must be healthy.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I kept 3 shubunkins because of their blue coloration. BIG mistake!! I now have a sale tsnk with 60-70 fish from 1-3". They are rabbits!! PS They are GONE!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have frogs, and water bugs so far, this pond project is a PROJECT!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
i do so wish they would come up with some kind of birth control for fish .... i had so much trouble trying to give mine away last year ... i have resorted to lifting as many of the eggs out as i can ... but i feel bad doing that :(

Ask a Question