Air lines from aerator floating

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
@Faebinder
Second aeration pet peeve - air stones that ALWAYS land upside down when you toss them in the pond. Why aren't they bottom heavy?? I had one pond guy tell me to just secure a rock to the bottom with some rubber bands - I was like "really? Someone can't figure out how to INCLUDE WEIGHT IN THE DESIGN PROCESS?!? haha! I get rage-y about dumb stuff like this! (Don't even get me started about people who drag their junk to the curb on Friday - when trash day is Thursday. So now we all get to look at your old couch/washing machine/mattress on the curb for a WHOLE WEEK! )

That's why I use the ball airstones. Doesn't matter which way they land.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Do you have a source for those? We've looked and looked and can't find the ones that will fit the size air tubing we have.

These are the best ones in my opinion. They do come in different sizes in Petsmart as well if you want to see them in person.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks! I can never remember what size tubing we have so I have to check with the man who remembers the numbers around here. But those look perfect!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I have weighted airline tubes and love them ! You should be able to get them lots of online places, where yowl for pond supplies. Mine came as part of a kit, when I bought a big aerator for summer. I don't have weighted lines for my smaller unit, I run in the winter.

So I bought some weighted lines, the smallest size they got. The size of the hole in the lines appear bigger than exit tube of the aerator and the opening of the air stones. How did you make them fit?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
So I bought some weighted lines, the smallest size they got. The size of the hole in the lines appear bigger than exit tube of the aerator and the opening of the air stones. How did you make them fit?

Can you use a check valve and c-clamps?

Ask a Question