sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No it is one of those concrete mixing tubs it is made of plastic lol ,forgot to put mixing in there .Plus the tub has a layer of lava rock on the bottom to help the plants and the water stay fresh .I think that is what made the difference in the ones that survived .I had some in a fish tank also and no lava rock in the bottom and they did not do well at all .I think the light to the roots in the fish tank made them fail .I'm not sure of that but the fish tank did not have lava rock in it and there was light to the roots .The ones in the concrete mixing tub had lava rock and since it is black plastic the roots got no light .They both had air going to the root system so the same there and gave each one tub and tank some liquid fertilizer .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh sissy we all envisioned you dragging a concrete tub inside. Now disregard my other post in another forum on getting your friend who owes you to help move it in and out,lol! I do believe tho that you could drag a concrete tub inside w/ your perseverance on getting things done no matter how tough!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I decided since I had to keep moving it I made a furniture dolly a couple of 2x4's and some wheels and a board on top of the 4x4's to stabilize the tub to keep it from cracking and now I will be able to roll it around .I had the wheels ,big rubber ones and the rest was easy and now have to rope my neighbor in to help lift the tub up onto the platform ,paybacks are a bitch LOL I will even be nice and take a little of the water out .

Reaction score
Sissy,

Do you know the name/model of the pump?

Thanks,

I drilled holes with a concrete bit in stones to put my air lines through .I clamp them down and use a nail to mark to keep the drill bit from moving .Just hammer the nail in a spot and you have a marked spot .And yes weighted air lines are not cheap ,I got black air rubber lines at lowes and did not use the air lines you can buy at pet stores .Cheaper at lowes 25 ft for 3.88 .You need most times 3/16 size hose .My pump I got for 25 dollars and it is used for hydroponic gardening supposed to be good to 5 ft and was 55 watts of power .I can remember psi right now .They have no bladder .But not so great .It comes with an adapter for 6 air hoses .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ac-004 says 35 mpa 65 watts 60 lpm 115 volts 60hz I know i have the box somewhere in the basement.Actually the one I bought at petco puts out more air and it cost less then 20 dollars when I bought it .I found the regester bill

Ask a Question