Algae problem from too much Sun? Try bird balls...

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Ahhh, Science has really figured out something new and original out there. You catch a bunch of male birds, snip their balls, float them in your pond, the birds fly faster and higher and this keeps the algae down. And this replaces....barley straw. never would have figured that out by myself. I GUARANTEE!!!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you need a high does of drugs .I think they must have really taken a lot to get this idea going .Anything you float in a pond will shade the water .Gosh you want to shade it use a shade sail cheap and easy to build yourself .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
sissy said:
you need a high does of drugs .I think they must have really taken a lot to get this idea going .Anything you float in a pond will shade the water .Gosh you want to shade it use a shade sail cheap and easy to build yourself .
LOL, Sissy, I think I probably need to lower a dose or two. But I had to try and have a little humor in thinking about adding bird balls to my pond to reduce algae. Think about it, Wonder just how many I would have to add just to make a dent in reducing the algae in my pond, You would never see the fish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think I have been pretty lucky so far only algae in full sun was in a couple of plants and a little on the water falls .I think it may have been because of all the rain we had holding it down a bit .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I did it the easy way, bog = zero string algae (in the big pond and shubbie tank) and zero green water (in all of the ponds) Save the poor little birdie balls!

Ask a Question