All Fish Dead Today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
Just read your thread. Sorry about what happeded to your fish....As far as the mircle grow soil . In the aquarium world this is used as a substrate to make a dirt tank to faciliitate plant growth. I used this method several years ago with Angel fish and never had a problem losing fish. The miricle grow top soil was capped with 2 inches of gravel so the fish could not get to it. I think @j.w mentioned they could have eaten the pellots.
Like other members here I have used the Special Kitty Litter sold at walmart for planting with good results.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Therefore, the PAM hydrogels manufactured for agricultural and garden use can contain much greater concentrations of (1,000 to 5,000 times) toxic acrylamide than that found in personal products causing concern among some users.
Could be the issue, geez I hate to think that that soil additive killed your brood. That just sucks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Even dollar stores carry the cheap kind of kitty litter .I buy it there .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
change water then add feeder and see how it goes , then u can buy new fishes again np

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Had to run to petco, can not believe all the new types of cat litter and their prices. They did not have any plain unscented litter.I hate the White Plains Walmart but will endure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Had to run to petco, can not believe all the new types of cat litter and their prices. They did not have any plain unscented litter.I hate the White Plains Walmart but will endure.
I know...none of the pet stores or groceries, carry the plain litter. Walmart also has cheap oil pans, for water lilies.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You don't have dollar stores there I thought they were breeding every where

Ask a Question