Anyone have an idea...............

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hello,
Has anyone here ever seen these in your Koi pond? I put in a new pond last year, but these have been showing up on and off for several years in my older pond. If I'm in the wrong place to ask this please just let me know. Thanks for any help in identifying these white non moving wormish looking things.

Bill

IMG_2813.JPG IMG_2812.JPG IMG_2811.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
No clue! They look like a koi delicacy though... do your fish eat them?
I've never seen them eating these, but they just disappear after a while. I'm not even sure at this point what gets rid of them. But now that I'm thinking about it these pics were taken after I moved the Koi to the new pond so I can't really say for sure if they eat them.

Bill

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Is it some kind of worm or is it food .Is this a winter pic of them or was it taken awhile ago .I cannot see anything like that living for long in cold weather .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well you are welcome to them JW I am sure billjr won't stop you from helping yourself ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
sissy.... these pictures were taken in Dec. I don't know if they're still there under the ice and snow that now covers that area. For some reason I didnt think of them of really being some kind of worm, just worm looking.

BlueOrca... while there are birds in the area, I've never seen them hanging around the pond. Plus they just seem to similarly formed and to densely accumulated.That was one of my first thoughts but also....when these appear in the summer they are an algae green color which is also something I thought it might have been, a strange type of (algae).

Supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow maybe I can see what they look like now if still there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Mitch..... Great observation and suggestion. We do have snails and frogs still in that pond so that's a definite possibility, Guess I'll be searching the net for pics of snail and frog poop. Thanks!!

Bill

Ask a Question