Anyone use or consider one of these?

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
As my user name I love fountains and aerators. A recient conversation in my introduction got me thinking about the larger ponds many others here own. I'm wanting to get everyone's opinions on the larger type fountains
http://www.kascomarine.com/
http://www.aquacontrol.com/

I know many of these units are a bit large for home water features but these companies make smaller versions designed for water garden use. Sorry if this seems like a random topic. Just curious.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have a lot of large farm ponds around here but few of them tend to the ponds .I guess to expensive considering electric rates these days .I had a water fountain in my pond but my koi kept knocking it over and because of that they almost emptied the pond twice to like a foot of water left .I tried to weigh it down and tie it down but seems when fish get around 2 feet long they are pretty strong ,but i still love fountains .I have a small one in the 300 gallon stock tank .Thats why i looked at your floating one ,thought it may be nice in there .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was just thinking of using a pvc frame with a plant bag tied to it with a pump with a fountain head coming out of it

FountainMan

Reaction score
The fountains made by those manufactures float. There's no chance of the fish knocking them over. They are low energy and include timers. Lights are controlled by photo cell. They also have awards for energy effiecientness.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The lights are on timers .I have never had a uv and never felt the real need for one .I looked at them and may think about one for winter time ,since we don't get real harsh winters .But right no getting over the shock of having to replace my well pump not once but twice in a month and thanks to having Brethern insurance failure protection they paid for it minus the 500 dollar deductable and the extra insurance only cost 40 dollars a year .My win there loss since i only got it a year ago .

FountainMan

Reaction score
The lights on the fountains in the links are photo cell controlled. There is a sensor on the side behind the door. The timer controls the whole unit fountain and all. So the fountain runs after the lights turn on. Then when the timer trips the whole thing shuts off.

Reaction score
Fountain man, I know these are pond fountains I this thread, but I have a small round fountain that is not a fish pond and wondered if you know of any economical fountain with lights I can replace the existing one with. The one we have is a dinosaur that uses the underwater halogen bulbs and we need to replace it due to leaking that is blowing bulbs. Ty for any info

FountainMan

Reaction score
thanks i appreciate it!
Is it a replacement to a standing premaid fountain or a fountain in a pond? If it's a fountain in a pond you might want to get the container nozzle kit too http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-G...0053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#customer_reviews The tiered spray included is my favorite. It's got a better visual impact and really enhances the water feature. At night the LED light makes it look awesome. One recommendation. The pump comes with one light. Position it on the opposite side of the nozzle from the main viewing area to hide it and the get thge best lighting effect.

Reaction score
it is a replacement for a fountainhead in one that was built many years ago which is a fiberglass basin built with landscaping brick. it is not associated with the koi pond but a seperately built fountain i wll attempt to post a picture of it and the existing works in a bit.

Attachments

• DSCF0451.JPG
    DSCF0451.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCF0451.JPG
    DSCF0451.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 230

FountainMan

Reaction score
That's an Oase Bowl fountain. I've seen pictures. Those things are fancy. Did you know Oase stopped selling to the united states about 3 years ago? I geuss they boycotted America. Do the lights still work? How much power do they draw? I'm not certain and don't want to make any fatal assumptions but If the draw (12 volts 10 ampers) is right it might be possable to hook those up the light plug on the pump. The light is hooked up with a water tight connector that can be unscrewed and replaced with the Oase fixtures. But I'd look into info before attempting this. Otherwize it may short out the pump.

Reaction score
i didn't know that they stopped selling here, actually the pump and fountain all still work we have just replaced the bulbs several times and it is still blowing them we think it is at the connecter from the light plugins themselves as they are so old. and we cannot find any like them. suggestions??

Ask a Question