back inside

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well .. my guys are back inside for another winter out of the elements... i know theyre spoiled, but what the heck, huh? any ways you can see the numbers got smaller yet again... i gave away and sold ALOT of fish again this year, some. theres 20 koi fry from this year about 3&1/2" or so. and 6 15" - 18"
there will be no more goldfish in my ponds.
****sorry..i'm still a lousey camera man!!

[ame]

Reaction score
you have some nice looking fish there my friend. i'm in the south east of the uk so we don't have as harsh winters as you guys, i've heard a lot about people taking their fish inside for winter, do you still feed them? and what depth is your 'tank' if thats the right word and do you have indoor and an outdoor filter systems. sorry for all the questons, i'm just intrigued.

mick

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
My basement pond is 3' deep ....800 gallons (us) EQUAL TO.. 3028.33 litres or 666.14 u.k gallons. And yes i feed them, just not as much

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yep...i pump the water from pond to pond....the fish are acclimated to its chemistry and temps so it makes their transfer easier on them and me.as the water gets lower they are easier to catch..

Reaction score
It only showed up for a second on your video but what is that thing with legs? Looked like some sort of white lizard.

Reaction score
Ahhhh....Don't our pets lead a rough life? LOL

Looks like a nice setup. Wish I had a basement to do that in. Definitely some happy fish. More then one of those cute guys are twins of some out in my pond.

beeliz

Beeliz
Reaction score
Your're so lucky to have the room in your home for that,,you can enjoy them all winter,thats so awsome,,good job! I LOVE the big guys! :lol:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the nice replies....i think the fish would appreciate it more if they'd ever spent a winter outside tho! theyve not had to go thru a michigan winter yet so they dont know how good theyve got it. anyways i dont think i would have it any other way!

Reaction score
During the hottest parts of the summer and the coldest parts of the winter, I tell my cats how lucky they are. They don't listen either. As I said before, we sure do spoil our pets. It's nice to be able to though.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never knew people took there fish into the basement like that .My brother lives in Flat Rock Michigan and he has been thinking about doing a pond .He works at the Ford plant there.Would he have to do this

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
it isnt necessary to bring in your fish....as long as your pond is deep enough to maintain an area of water large enough to accomodate the fish thru the winter season....mine are spoiled. they've never seen water under 50*f. i like that i can hand feed all year long, this helps keep my fish social.

Ask a Question