sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All you will be thinking about is the pond all day .It is like looking at pics of others ponds or looking at other ponds ,in your mind you say could I do that or could I add that idea to my pond .It is a disease we have ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
All you will be thinking about is the pond all day .It is like looking at pics of others ponds or looking at other ponds ,in your mind you say could I do that or could I add that idea to my pond .It is a disease we have ;)
I dreamt about it last night and the night before. Ohhhh nooooo!

This is funny. I have a container with some pass along pond plants waiting to go in the big pond. Today my husband asked - "what's going on with the gillyweed here?"
Harry Potter fans will get that and know why it's funny! LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Here are a few more pictures. Today I put in a big bowl form to grow lotus in. Believe it or not, it's actually level. The ground around it and shadows make it look wonky. I got my landscape fabric down. The area of fabric between the pond and the grass (where it's totally straight) will eventually be reshaped to accommodate plants, but I just left it straight for now. (It's supposed to rain M, T, and Wed., so I figured I'd leave it there to hold the dirt a bit.) Most of the area covered in black fabric will be the beach/patio -- an area covered in egg rock with some accent rocks put in for aesthetic purposes. My next job will be hauling a BUNCH of wheelbarrows of rock up from the back. I have some leftover from the dry creek project. We'll see how far it goes. You will have to use your imagination. It's all kind of messy and barren now, but I'm hoping the plantings and creative edge treatment will make it look nice when it's all done!

Attachments

• IMG_3771.JPG
    IMG_3771.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3768.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3769.JPG
    IMG_3769.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3770.JPG
    IMG_3770.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 193
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I can tell you have a good eye - it's going to be beautiful!
Thank you! I'm hoping to make a screen of plants around it so it's a bit of a "secret pond" area. (To be honest, I have a really odd neighbor across the street and I don't want him to go - Wow, I want to go up there and visit. He has a psychotic dog he can barely control, and he drinks a lot. He isn't a bad guy at all, but he makes me uncomfortable. ) I know it won't be hidden entirely, but the goal is to have it not be really obvious.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Always better to have lotus on it's own so it does not take over the pond .When you flush the filters or pond you can put that water in with the lotus ,it will love you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I know I will get in trouble for not having pictures -- but I just had to share the excitement. Today I filled the pond and started the waterfall.
HOORAY!!!!!! :joyful:
It is so fun to see it with water. The waterfall is doing some unexpected things -- in good ways. It is a little more powerful than I expected, so the water is flowing over more rocks. One rock that is a little higher is getting misted. I am guessing the birds will enjoy it.
Now I need to continue landscaping around. Tomorrow I will do de-chlorinator and will get some plants in. (Aquatic plants that are surviving outdoors already -- they've been waiting in a water filled tub.)
Just had to share! I will take some pix tomorrow!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If you are concerned about chlorine, by tomorrow it will all be gone. Chlorine dissipates out of water within 24 hours. Chloramines are a different story.

And yes - no pics? YOU'RE IN TROUBLE! Haha!

Ask a Question