addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use it for everything! this time of year I use it to haul yard cuttings, grasses etc , back into our woods. I make a big pile of the stuff, here with all our moisture, it just decomposes. The critters love my debris pile. It is making great mulch, unfortunately the poison ivy likes it too so I can't use it. This was last year.
tractor1.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wanted one but with this hill I would have rolled it a long time ago .Just do all the work with my hard labor .
I am real careful on our hills, never drive side ways on the hills, only straight up and down. I have almost tipped it a few times. When digging the stream (25% grade if not more) dear honey sat in the yard watching in case it flipped. Straight up straight down.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am even dumb enough to go sideways when mowing my front yard and hubby just says one day you will pay for that .But you have to mow the lawn in different directions from time to time .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mowing I do run sideways, but there are some hills I lose control if going downhill, so I only mow going up hill sideways. With the zero turn it is easy to lose steering. The hills that were really hard to mow are all plants wild flowers ponds and streams now. A lot safer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is the reason I got rid of my hubbies commercial grade zero turn it was to much for me to handle and I prefer a steering wheel .I just have problems yet with the red one as the seat does not go up far enough and being a short person it is not safe .So the red one gets used on the side and back yards .Cubbie does the front yard .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I used to mow our front hillside while 8 months pregnant. It was a funny circus act! A few years later, I decided to remove the sod and replaced it with juniper.
That tractor looks fun! I wouldn't dare use one, though. I'm dangerous enough with just a weed whacker. I think a tractor would be bad! LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Reminded me of my first house and being pregnant residing my bungalow .Tearing off old shingles no fun and dust mask was a nightmare :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used to mow our front hillside while 8 months pregnant. It was a funny circus act! A few years later, I decided to remove the sod and replaced it with juniper.
That tractor looks fun! I wouldn't dare use one, though. I'm dangerous enough with just a weed whacker. I think a tractor would be bad! LOL
It is easy to run, the trick is if you are using the back hoe, if not stabilized right it is easy to tip it over. I have more than once lifted the tractor's back wheels while using the back hoe.
The bucket is just steering once you remember which way the levers work. I have a tow strap I toss over the stuff so it stays in the bucket and on the arms while hauling it to the back yard. But when you use the bucket to dig it too, can flip the tractor. Just need to move slowly Have the safety bars up and the seat belt on.

it took me around a week to get comfortable with it, it has scared me a few times.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
One reason I put the fence up by the ditch almost went over the side .I feel better about it now

Attachments

• driveway and all round yard and pond 2015 027.JPG
    driveway and all round yard and pond 2015 027.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 185

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We rented a "baby excavator" for our pond build. It was THE MOST FUN THING to operate! Once we were done and ready to turn it in, I was ready to drive it up & down our street just to see if anyone needed a hole dug in their yard.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh geeze can you imagine all the neighbors coming home to holes in there yards .Giant groundhogs hit the street :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
We rented a "baby excavator" for our pond build. It was THE MOST FUN THING to operate! Once we were done and ready to turn it in, I was ready to drive it up & down our street just to see if anyone needed a hole dug in their yard.
I bet it was super fun! I'm bad enough with just a shovel. Can't imagine the power trip that would come from a backhoe!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love my backhoe. i wouldn't have a pond without it. Load tires with fluid to make it way more stable and effective.

On seeding your bio, I read to use ammonia and baking soda. Test PH first before adding baking soda. I added 5 lbs of baking soda and about a half gallon of ammonia when I started my moving bed filter. After 3 or 4 days, you could tell the bacteria were growing on the beads. After a week, all the string algae in my pond was gone (I had no fish at that point). I now have about 30 gold fish and will add Koi in the spring. I plan to run the MB filter all winter to keep the bacteria alive. I have no idea how cold the water will get. I'll guess at about 36 - 38 degrees or so. The MB filter is insulated under earth and concrete block, and the room will be "heated" by the air pump for the MB filter. I'm not sure what I am doing, but that is what I'm doing.
f346170717.jpg
IMG_0621.JPG

Ask a Question