Bog Plant growth boosts for spring

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I'm new when it comes to plants. What do you guys toss in the bog to help the plants grow, come spring. Please remember I got fish, and the bog is for the fish not for me.

Bog got some irises, obedient plants, cardinals, one of those carnivorous plants and a flower plant I attached a picture of.

Also when do you place these boosts.

Links of brand names you like is much appreciated. Right now all I can think of is API iron for plants.

Attachments

• IMG_6930.JPG
    IMG_6930.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_6931.JPG
    IMG_6931.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 174

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Appreciate the comments. I will only add iron.
I have heard of people putting in steel wools pads near some plants that need it.

I don't even add iron, if they turn a bit yellowish, which happens now and then, I don't worry about it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Well in the last week.... My two obedient plants started to grow and one of the cardinals is showing green leaves... so there is hope for this bog. I wonder how will the Hibiscus, carnivorous pitcher plants, and the Canna will make a come back this spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
You may want to look at your nitrate readings to see if your pond is depleted and there's nothing in the tank for the plants to thrive

If you have favourite flowering plant positions a tomato spike will make a huge diff, compare the diff between one position you perk, and one that you don't.... which reminds me to pep the Golden Club, feeding them triples growth and bloom rates over unfed positions...

DeepWater

The Great Abyss
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Well in the last week.... My two obedient plants started to grow and one of the cardinals is showing green leaves... so there is hope for this bog. I wonder how will the Hibiscus, carnivorous pitcher plants, and the Canna will make a come back this spring.

So you did in fact add iron, and we can attribute this greening to the iron?

Ask a Question