Buying pond plants online?

Reaction score
The new daughter plants should be fine once the weather warms up. Some independent live fish stores/aquarium stores carry pond plants (never seen them at PetCo or PetSmart).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
We dont even have an aquarium store for hundreds of miles from here so I sympathize with Fishfinder struggling to find someone reputable to buy the plants needed.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lowes carry some ,but you have to look for them and some regular plants if they say they are for wet areas work also .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
The pond rebuild is scheduled for tomorrow, so the plants will be put in a container, with some Miracle Grow, in the basement. I'm excited to see if I can get some decent looking lettuce. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You don't have to put them in the basement .I only put them there to over winter them here .I guess it may be the same .The ones I have now have spent 2 winters in my basement

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
You don't have to put them in the basement .I only put them there to over winter them here .I guess it may be the same .The ones I have now have spent 2 winters in my basement
You have some shade lovers I can buy from you? Lol?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know water lettuce likes shade more .I have given more of that away than the hyacinth .

Attachments

• pics on durecell back up 1037.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 1037.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 215

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my banana plants have gotten out of control .I dug up 7 more plants yesterday .All of my elephant ears have come back healthy and bigger .Cannas have tripled in size .Have to go to NC today and light rain today so will not get anything done .headed for Madison NC .I wonder what I will bring home this time :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@KC Crook I grow hostas in my bog and in the margins of my pond - they do great! Mine are in gravel that freezes every winter but they always come back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Sissy, how long should it take the plants to perk up? I put some Miracle Grow in a shallow container with water I got from the pond. When the plants look good, I can rinse them off really really well and put them back into the pond?

Ask a Question