carnivorous plant bog

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This year some how my pitcher plants are a little slow to start, the big pink one just started to come out last month! But now my little container is almost explode! I'll have to take a picture.

Should we have pitcher plant exchange? I have about 3 -4 kinds but I know there are more pretty ones out there!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We could, I think spring is the time to do it, just at start up growth. Need to read up on it. Let me get a shot of what is growing right now so you can see what kind I have, at least what they look like lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
yep, spring will be good. it'll give them time to start growing before next winter :)

My ceramic pot that i used last year leaks this year so water never stay full, but we got lots of rain so no problem about wetness.

Mine got about 6 hrs of sun then get shade in the afternoon. I like to have mine in the container so when i get fly infestation in the house (like 20+ flies flying around the house for a few days a year, wonder where/how they got in) i just move my pitcher in the house, leave it for a day, then the next day the flies were all (well, almost)in the pitcher ;) I got dead flies to the brim of the pitcher, those pitcher got rotten later though.

these are pics from last year (a lot less than this year, i will really have to get picture)

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This year pitcher plants. The pictures make it feel like they are not tight but they are very tight in that bowl.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to get you a nice picture, I took one out of the window, it did not show them well. Yours look great.

Ask a Question