cas's pond

1000 gallon garden pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I love your waterfall.....could you come work on the one in my bog?! :) I bet the lilies will pick up with warmer tempts....mine just took off this past week.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This is a picture of the pond in June. Sadly I can't post a more current picture because the pond isn't looking too good. A raccoon found my pond last night, pushing pots of marginal plants into the water. I don't think it got any fish, but I can't see much because the water is so brown. I spent some time vacuuming to remove as much dirt as I could and cleaned the filters every couple of hours. The water is starting to clear. Hoping tomorrow I can take inventory of the fish and make sure the racoon didn't get any.

2020-6-25 kitchen (2).JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a young raccoon that walks across the bog almost every night up to the bird feeders, gets dropped seeds, goes back to the woods. Never even looks at the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh dear, it's always something, isn't it? I hope your inventory shows nothing worse than hiding fish in some muddy waters.

I need to get out game cam out & start seeing who's coming to visit in the wee hours of the morning. Lost one large frog to someone last night (guessing, raccoon) but at least it wasn't one of the fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is a picture of the pond in June. Sadly I can't post a more current picture because the pond isn't looking too good. A raccoon found my pond last night, pushing pots of marginal plants into the water. I don't think it got any fish, but I can't see much because the water is so brown. I spent some time vacuuming to remove as much dirt as I could and cleaned the filters every couple of hours. The water is starting to clear. Hoping tomorrow I can take inventory of the fish and make sure the racoon didn't get any.
Your pond is still among my favorites CAS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh dear. Here's hoping all fish are accounted for...... the water will clear and the plants rebound. Your pond is lovely.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah nature... I currently am battling a mischievous chipmunk that keeps digging up some new plants I just planted. Who will prevail?!?

Your pond is always so pretty @cas ! Which plants are potted? It's impossible to tell from the picture. Maybe it's time to ditch the pots and get everything growing in the pond!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Maybe it's time to ditch the pots and get everything growing in the pond!
Funny you should say that. I have some iris that are planted among the rocks. A few weeks back the raccoon (I assume) pulled one of the irises out of the dirt!
From inside I can see that the net I put over the plants discouraged any more damage. Going outside now to inspect the pond closer and count my fish!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I never can tell if all are there or not, no way to count them in the big pond. The hot tub pond I have 9 fantails, those are easy to count.

Happy to hear all of yours are there.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I never can tell if all are there or not, no way to count them in the big pond. The hot tub pond I have 9 fantails, those are easy to count.

Happy to hear all of yours are there.
holy cow! you can even count all of those!

I only have 3 fish in my pond and you cant even count all of them all the time! at least one of them is out of view at any given time! ( they are probably just getting used to the new environment though )

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question