cas's pond

1000 gallon garden pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
still wish at times i had stopped similar in size to yours. i'd get out on the bike more

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I love all that color! Here, most of the flowering plants have already gone dormant for the summer. Seeing your pond is like getting a glimpse back at springtime!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The best is yet to come in my book I love when the purple lustrife , wild onion, blue labels, and fairy lily bloom that's the next week or two

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Started up the pump today. Weather has been so warm I couldn't wait any longer.
I get it ! i have spent 4 hours reworking the plumbing to the pond installing the new bead filter . trying to squeeze all the plumbing in a 3' x 10' area of the garage 5 ball valves 15 unions 1 vacuum breaker and 2 check valves and a partridge in a pear tree. I look at the simplicity IN YOUR DESIGN AND OFTEN WISH I WOULD FIND kiss JUST ONCE IN MY LIFE

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@GBBUDD I just saw the post of your new bead filter plumbing. Wow. All that plumbing intimidates me!

I could use more filtration. One of the reasons I started the pump is that the water was so cloudy I couldn't see 6" down. The worst it has been in the spring. I attribute it to the very warm weather. Probably should have started the pump up sooner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I left the peastone running most of the winter just so it didn't go stagnant. But had to kill it when Temps plumited

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
All the fish made it through another winter. That means I have a 19 year old goldfish still with me. Amazes me.
Here is a picture of the pond today. Love that @GBBUDD talked me into putting moss in the water fall. It stayed green all winter and now that the weather is starting to warm up, it is a bright green. Love the softness that it gives to the rocks.

moss, iris, forgetmenots 2024-4-27.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All the fish made it through another winter. That means I have a 19 year old goldfish still with me. Amazes me.
Here is a picture of the pond today. Love that @GBBUDD talked me into putting moss in the water fall. It stayed green all winter and now that the weather is starting to warm up, it is a bright green. Love the softness that it gives to the rocks.

View attachment 162963
LOVE ME MOSSESSSSSSSS

Ask a Question